Side effects

I have two of the OD Benchmarks and am looking to experiment with side effects. I haven’t tried enough yoyos to know if I want something lighter or heavier. Any recommendations on side effects for the Benchmark series yoyos?

If you’re wanting to experiment, you have to go to the extremes!

-Discs or Mini-Discs for more weight
-Ultra-Lights for less weight.

If you’re only getting one set, go for the ULs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ultra lights is about the only thing I use in my onedrops

Is there much difference between the ultra lights and lego side effects? Does .2 oz make much of a difference? I can see the lego SE being a lot of fun.

If you can notice the small difference, you’re a more in-tune person than me. I can only barely tell the difference between ULs and spikes.

I like the UL’s because they’re barely-perceptibly lighter, but still allow for rip-start fingerspins. :smiley: Legos would be fun if you can manage to snap something funny or interesting onto them. :slight_smile:

Brass domes or brass spikes. Also the Lego. They’re the best side effect because you can put Lego heads on the sides. Hahaha

Brass domes or brass spikes. Also the Lego. They’re the best side effect because you can put Lego heads on the sides. Hahaha

Messing around with the Lego Side Effects is mighty fun. Like with what GregP said, if you’re an in-tune person, you’ll definitely be able to feel the difference. I’ve been playing for a long time and I can definitely tell the difference between Ultralights and Legos. Maybe I’m just weird like that. Pick up either on and then look for some Brass Side Effects to mess around with.

I like how the brass looks (especially with nickel) but I hate heavy yoyos.