Favorite SE OD Setups

Hey, so as I stated in another thread, I’m discovering my favorite setups with the gear I have for my Side Effect OneDrops. And now I’m wondering, what’s yours? I’m becoming more interested in trying out new SE and bearing combos and would absolutely love to talk about what makes a particular setup a favorite for your yoyo.

2 Likes

To start off, Fat Tire with ULs & flat bearing, currently strung with OD bulk poly. I like the extra agility it’s got here while still feeling organic with the bearing.

Rainier w/ Flat Caps & VIP bearing. I do prefer it with a beveled bearing for the performance, & a VIP being the most shallow feels a bit more controllable to me. Flat caps make for a more medium pace and just makes everything look and feel so darn satisfying!

1 Like

Parlay with brass ULs

5 Likes

The Parlay and Summit 2 both need heavy SEs

2 Likes

Bought some brass SE’s (micro caps and ultralights) for my Spanish moss summit 2! Can’t wait for them to get here, colour wise and weight wise I feel it’s going to be perfect :star_struck:

3 Likes

I most of my SE yo-yos have brass micro caps installed.

4 Likes

Makes me super happy I got a pair than!

1 Like

@Grunt @Tempura I couldn’t agree more about the Parlay

5 Likes

I fink it’s freaky and I like it a lot.

7 Likes

Die Antwoord!

They put on a great show at Moonrise a few years back.

Stunt Pegs

6 Likes

Die Antwoord!

Yup!

Stunt Pegs

Oh, neat SE. But I don’t quite recognize this throw. What is this?

Deep State, maybe?

Clear black canon. Basically a deep state with regular response pad grooves. Designed for unresponsive, but plays either way.

2 Likes

I’m a tinkerer.

Diorama - domes, tones it’s zippyness down a bit

Booster rainier- very versatile, I’ve enjoyed ultralights all the way to brass domes

Summit 2- also super versatile

Kuntosh- I twist with anything

Kuntosh 5k: heavier

Terrarian: heavier, brass for sure

LT: heavier, spikes or brass

Cascade: lighter the better

Prescription: anything, brass makes it feel similar to a cascade

Kamuraiju: flat caps or smaller

MCMO: heavier, brass for sure, brass domes are fun

MMC: lighter, ultralights have been in there for a long time

Rebirth: lighter, mico caps have stayed in mine for a long time

Reboot: heavier, brass ultralights for sure

Crucible: ultra lights

5 Likes

Very cool! I’m about the same with how I do mine. The light ones get Ultra lights and the heavy ones the ones that look best.

Brass energy domes in my 80g Ti Proto

87.6g total weight!

5 Likes

Anyone tinker with Ti effects? I am fortunate enough to have a set and have settled on this, for now;
Micro Caps - Reboot
Kisses - Parlay
Orbs - Kamuraiju
I have long disliked heavier throws. But something about the Ti’s draws me towards them. I haven’t found a throw I would like the spikes in, but also haven’t experimented much with them. The Kamu is a special standout, it somehow flies with the orbs in.

3 Likes

I thought stock SEs were a little too light in the Crucible, I have flats in mine now and it’s very nice.

1 Like

Favorite by far is the summit or summit 2 with hubstacks se.

11 Likes

the sakura se comes to mind, alas i do not have one… hmu if you want to move one lol!

but the copper sudo with uls, the cascade with the matching domes, and the summit with markmonts - which is really a great set-up.

10 Likes

I tried brass microcaps in the crucible last night, I dig it.

I’m a big fan of flat caps in the Brainier too.

4 Likes