Side effect ideas

Cool

Yeah, I know, but what I am trying to say is that SE’s use a special axle system. Thus I am not so sure that a normal axle would work too.

Yeah, it would be hard to make but that’s a great idea. Unfortunately, I don’t (and might not) have a side effect yoyo.

I believe they did two. The original were disc shaped and the second were dice/Ricestacks.

Would love to see a third run (as well as some more stunt pegs).

i think a side effect with a small battery and a single LED would be neat. Not sure how would that be possible, and it probably be pretty heavy, but still, neat!

You know how on Joe Satriani’s guitar, it is Chrome and crazy shiny

If not, you must see it

Disc side effects like that would be pretty awesome

How about no SE’s?

Why not make a model with no SE or any hole for the axle that shows on the outside? Call it the: Zero. :slight_smile:

no hole or hub causes increased stress on the aluminum due to having to use a short axle, unless you have a thick floor between the inside cup and opposite side where the post and axle reside. this would be true even with 7075, threads are just too thin to sustain the repeated amounts of stress. The more threads used the better. I am betting this is why we are seeing the tiny hubs on all newer model YYRs, it gives them more wiggle room to use a slightly longer axle.

Invisible SE

Not knocking SE’s. I have a whole box of them.
I was just noting that OneDrop has not made any yo-yo’s with out hole in them of one sort or another.
a small bump, or point would do the trick.

A side effect with a little finger spin hole thingy that C3Yoyodesign uses on their Motivation and Dark Sonic etc.

Make them titaaaaaaniiiiiuuum! You’ll shoot them down but they wont fall. Lol

Yessss!!! Haha.

Oh waittt… Id like to see some with LED lights in them. I have modded several of my throws with leds, vine was an issue but it looked pretty cool. Indeed.

Ooh…this gave me an idea.

Instead of having LED SE’s, which would need a power source, there should be GLOW IN THE DARK SE’s!!! Now that would be super cool…

That’s funny. I also thought of that when reading the post you quoted.

that would be pretty legit!

Although some leds would be on point. Like color changing ones. You see them in Poi a lot. I go to festivals and shows and i see a lot of people playing Poi and Orbiters. They are programed to change colors and emit burst of light that form patterns if twirled in a certain way. I think it would in fact be… Dope. Pretty dope if you ask me. I could take it to shows and stuff and amaze people. They would be all over it.

What about side effects with side effects inside the first side effects

sideception. We need to go deeper