Shutter vs node vs n12

hey guys so now I want to get a new throw (my first metal after replay pro ) and i have these three options…though shutter is a bit expensive for me so i wanted to know which one is the best among these 3

4 Likes

buy a czech point B grade, its $20 and It plays better than all the above

5 Likes

Are you buying from Aliexpress? there are lots of greater options there

2 Likes

Get a shutter, it is much better in the long run.

4 Likes

The N12 is a pretty good yet expendable throw. Quite cheap, only 5 USD if you find the right seller, and I would recommend this over the shutter for a newer player. But if you’re careful, the Shutter is the better option in the long run.

4 Likes

Shutter was my first aluminum yoyo, still have it

3 Likes

B Grade Shutter for 19.99$ is your best bet!

7 Likes

Not a fan of the Shutter personally, I much prefer the N12 and the Node. Get those two and it will cost you less than a Shutter and you end up with more variety. Win win!

5 Likes

I totally agree. I prefer my Node over my Shutter. I love the Shutter but I like the Node more.

3 Likes

the shutter is out dated, the node has the same specs, and is less than half as expensive, if you want something good, ive heard that the wangle is good but is $10 more expensive than the og shutter

1 Like

If you can find the Node, I’d go with that, but under $20 is a great price for the Shutter. Either way then, both great.

Edit, go for the Czech Point. Nice yo-yo for sure, didn’t see it at first in the B-grades.

Basically all I’ve said that any of them are fine. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It totally isn’t outdated, it’s one of the best yoyos ever made imo.

3 Likes

I am open to options :grin: plz tell some on AliExpress with free or cheap delivery to india

2 Likes

rattle snake
siege
sos
colossus
photon
impulse 2

gravitation 3

I’d highly recommend the Magicyoyo V4 which you can also find on AliExpress or sometimes on eBay. IMO it’s better than either the N12, Y01 Node, or the shutter. It’s also only about $12 :wink:
Dylan Kowalski’s review: https://youtu.be/M0DUdS3Z2oI

Another option to consider is the Auldey Orbis - also available on AliExpress and only a few dollars more than the V4 - about $12 - $20 depending on the colour. Great performer for the price.
Dylan’s review: https://youtu.be/Easnmr2Y8dQ

Despite having many more premium throws I still play these 2 a lot - the price to performance ratio is outstanding. Both are fairly light at 64g - if you want a slightly heavier throw I’d echo the other comments which suggested a B-grade Czech Point. Can’t go wrong with any of these - they’re all great throws.

Edit - I hope I’m not breaching guidelines about mentioning other sellers - I don’t think either of the 2 yoyos I recommended are available on YYE.

Still new but I know what I love. Not a fan of the shutter although I love what Gentry does as an ambassador for the sport.
I had such high hopes, but at that early time I went back to the magics and rarely play with it at all now.
Whereas I have about 8+ £50-150 yo-yos now and still reach for my T9 when I’m switching around.
You will find what shape, size and weight you like. Till then, imo, go with a cheap ol’ magic till your ready to go down the rabbit hole :+1:

2 Likes

A B-grade would be nice, but I am personally biased towards the N12. Its an amazing throw for its budget, and you can get a few of those for quite cheap. You can try 3A or something. Be careful of strpiping it, it comes with a rather short axle.

2 Likes