Shutter Vs Hitman X (weird comparison I know)

Hey everyone.

Just recently got back into yoyoing for the first time since I was in HS. I had a YYJ Hitman X that I got back in like 2014. I cleaned the bearing and it’s playing great!

Still decided I should get myself a decent metal yoyo since the only one I had was an old dinged up DV888. I decided to buy a Shutter.

After a week or so of playing with the Hitman X and the new Shutter, I’m getting much smoother throws and longer sleeps from the Hitman X. Is that to be expected? I guess I was expecting more from the Shutter. Maybe something’s wrong with my throwing technique?

I’d love any tips or information you all could share on this. Should I really be getting much longer sleep times with the old JJY than the brand new Shutter?

Thanks!

3 Likes

It can be either your throwing technique but the hitman x is 69.7 grams and the shutter is 65.5g also how rim weighted is the hitman compared to the shutter?

1 Like

Guess the Hitman would be more rimweighted because it’s plastic with metal rims

2 Likes

Maybe my wording was confusing. I’m saying the Hitman X seems to be performing better than the shutter. Smoother throws and longer sleeps.

1 Like

Nope makes perfect sense lol I just read it too fast

1 Like

The Hitman X has a good pedigree. It’s always been a smooth player. No reason it can’t stand up to a shutter or many other higher priced metals. There’s nothing magical about aluminum yoyos that make them better than others.

1 Like

Makes sense! I really like it. I’m almost scared to throw it a lot cause I know I can’t replace it if it ever breaks. RIP YYJ :pensive:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums!

1 Like