Shutter Elite

Gentry stated the Evo was kind of just an experiment to make an extremely weighted Shutter, but he’s personally not a fan of a ton of rim weight.

You can tell from this latest model that the rim weight should be much more toned down so this should be more in line with his preference.

@Yooo Shutter trainer is basically B grade shutter.

4 Likes

Thanks all,

Had no idea about the ring trouble on the Shutter Evo.

I’ve been sitting here waiting for a mono metal release or a second run that would be cheaper.

I have the evo along with a good amount of bimetals… evo is probably one if not my top yoyo when it comes to strength and spin time. It is truly more powerful then any other yoyo I own and it’s very noticeable to me. But, also reading above I agree with the rims being moved. It comes with the rim alignment tool but the fact the it does move after a ding is annoying. But the tool is easy to use but regaurdless I wouldn’t say it’s a bad throw because it does differ from many other yo-yos. If you throw it you will feel how powerful it is

3 Likes

I just saw Gentry yesterday And he let me try his elite. In my opinion, it’s the best bimetal in the gentry stein line up. It plays more like you think a bimetal shutter should compared to the butter and the Evo. I never was the biggest fan of the butter and though I liked the Evo, it wasn’t like anything else with gentry’s name on it. The elite is the perfect balance of power from the Evo and the classic shutter look and feel. It’s a little more on the heavy side but with the way that yo-yos are progressing these days with the tricks that are being attempted you need the power and stability. A highly recommend from me and I look forward to picking one up and playing with it more.

6 Likes

Thanks for the comparison. I can’t wait to try it.

Do we know what kind of metal was used or is that a silly question? Does YYF even use anything other than 6061? ?? Disclaimer, I don’t know that they use 6061…. They just never say in the specs what was used.

Edit…. I see EVO was 7075

1 Like

I would assume that it’s 6061. Gentry has always told me that he doesn’t really see the point in 7068 or 7075 because “it just makes the Yoyo more expensive” I could be completely wrong but my best guess is that it’s 6061

1 Like

Anyone know what happened to the Shutter Elite? It has not come out. I’ve emailed YoYo Factory, but the will not give any reply at all. Will it come out in 2024?

2 Likes

Haven’t heard much outside the initial offering. A bit disappointed as I thought we’d see it fairly quick. I just didn’t like the gold rims.

2 Likes

I love mine

2 Likes

It was a pre release and the description siad that the full release will come 2024

1 Like

A little update for the elite

5 Likes

That is good to see. I haven’t seen anything on the Shutter Elite. Thanks for sharing.

Gentry just dropped a video. It dropping May 10th apparently.

4 Likes

It’s really good. I snagged one last December on a pre release run. In my opinion it’s the best Yoyo in the gentry stein lineup.

6 Likes

Shutter elite looks cool. But is the last Bimetal shutter any good? Found one for $60.

1 Like

The shutter evo was the last shutter bi metal

Yes! This is a very good yoyo. One of my favorites! I have 4 of them.:flushed:. Clear one not pictured.

3 Likes

I definitely prefer the elite but the og bi metal shutter is good too depending on what you like. It’s definitely a bit center weighted for my taste and has that touch of floatyness to it but still kinda plays like a brick. A “floaty brick” is how I like to describe it. That said, I still brake mine out from time to time and enjoy it. 60 bucks is also a great deal.
The bimetal shutter, the Evo and the elite are all different in their own respects so don’t hesitate to pick up the others as well.

2 Likes