Show your first yoyo ever (if it still exists)

I know I had an imperial or 2 and a few novelty yoyos prior but this was the ignition cog for me in the late 90s

5 Likes

12 Likes

welcome aboard!

5 Likes

10 Likes

It was a secret Santa gift last year. Loved it so much, broke it through over play and sought out a new replacement, and not stop throwing and buying yoyos since.

I will add I was gutted when this flew across my living room, spinning and flashing its little heart out. Professional till the end.
Even glued it up to resurrect it. It works now but kept for sentimental reasons.

Funny, a £5 secret Santa was the gateway to me spending… Well, let’s not talk figures :rofl:

4 Likes

Still have mine too.

2 Likes

Bearing is a rusty brick, but I still have it after 24-ish years!

3 Likes

Yoyo knows what it’s doing and Yoyo always finds the right people at the perfect time.

1 Like

I lost my entire yoyo collection in a move at some point from when I was in my early 20s. Fairly certain my first yoyo was a responsive throw that had a metal shell and plastic innards… was a brass color. No idea what the brand was or model!

2 Likes

This was the second but the first was the same in pink.

4 Likes

Got this sucker (and same color) in ‘97 when I was 12! My friend got the Fireball (purple) because we didn’t want to have the same thing. Lol we heard that you just needed to dip the axle (I didn’t even bother taking the string off) in olive oil every now and then to keep it running smooth. That was my first venture into actually learning some yo-yo tricks and sticking with it for a little while because it was the first yo-yo I ever had that could sleep (lol maybe 20-30 seconds?).

God I loved that thing and used it until it cracked! Then I went on a hiatus until I rediscovered yo-yo’ing in ‘07 and got a green Spyy Addict (I think it was called). Ended up hating it and when I got the OG 888, I was addicted from then on.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m still a noob.