Show us your Loopers

These are sick. Im guessing SpinGear?

I wish shipping wasnt so much to get them to the US.

2 Likes

These were yeah. I ended up buying a big bulk order of other things I wanted to make it worth the cost :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I’ll probably do that at some point.

Maybe i will boycott yoyo ourchases for a year or so and save up for a big order from them. I already spent my yoyo budget for this year, and am saving my birthday gift request for a few i have in mind lol. So by my calculations, and if I stave off all temptations, maybe I can do that by my next next birthday :laughing::laughing::sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Am I hearing spin gadget group buy? There was a maniax that one not long ago

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

GID Loop 720s tonight.

4 Likes

Well great Snakebite situation here:
Ordered a looper - Omega Raider - and after less than a dozen throws it separated. So ordered a Loop 720 and just now saw a note saying a bearing/spacer kit has been shipped to me. I have absolutely no use for that kit.
So now looking at the online site where the Loop 720 was ordered I do not see one listed for sale.
Would like to give looping a try so who knows where one can be purchased?
What gives within this part of the Yoyo world anyway?

1 Like

Did it break, or just come unscrewed? If they are not tightened properly the friction of the string and starburst will actually unscrew the halves rather than winding the string up. You may be able to reassemble it, provided no spacers or bearing were lost

Yes, it came unscrewed and the bearing was lost after the parts hit the wooden floor and bounced on across the room. Scoured the space but no cigar…yet.

1 Like

So were you able to save the spacers? Because you can order an MR84 bearing to replace the lost one. It’s the exact fit and can be found for only a few dollars.

Afraid to order that one, don’t have a use for another bearing/spacer set.
The best option from my perspective would be for the seller to accept the return of the erroneously sent bearing/spacer set as credit toward one of the new $17.99 versions.
How do I go about starting that return/swap plus sending the difference in cost?

1 Like

Wish i’d have read this note before sending the halves back to the seller, oh well. Live and learn…

Returning the bearing/spacer kit that’s heading your way should be pretty easy. Just reach out to the seller and let them know you wish to return it, as it’s unopened there should be no issue. Here is a link for bearings. This is a 10 pack but they also sell singles.

1 Like

Here’s the single.

2 Likes

The positive take away here is I now have a place bookmarked where replacment bearings can be obtained, thank you.
BTW - like your salad plate, mine has a yellow ribbon with red stripes (not refering to the National Defense one though). I received them during 1961 - 1965, Navy.

2 Likes

Honestly this is such a real feeling I had just a few years ago. I had a raider with a worn out bearing that turned into a hunt for a k bearing. All to find there’s nothing YoYo specific it’s just a common manufacturing part you can buy direct from bearing manufacturers/retailers.

Sadly looping is either considered beginner one handed and super consumable due to how cheap the yoyo is or it’s high end super niche 2 handed play and very maintenance and modding heavy.

There aren’t many middle ground in the looping space which is annoying and while companies like yyf have plenty of spacer sets sitting around they aren’t worth the cost of shipping to put online so you have to reach out often to order them direct which is dumb…

There are a few sets companies like yye specifically snag for all of us but it’s all so limited.

If the 2A and looping scene in the US was a bit more than it is there would be more focus on this style of play in the market.

4 Likes

Thank you for your sacrifice sir. I spent my time abroad from 93-97. Got some of those ribbons for service during the whole Bosnia-Herzegovina thing. I had to miss out on a chopper ride one day because we had no relief, only to find out that if I had taken it and spent one day at the camp in Bosnia I would have gotten one more ribbon to wear. Oh well. I’m just sad I didn’t get to ride that chopper. I was pretty chapped about that actually. :rofl:

1 Like

Having the industry standard nomenclature is the trick on the bearings. :wink::+1:

1 Like

Yep, that’s the key phrase here. I sent it back because that is reasonable lunch money to get back.
However writing that just brought back memories of using lunch money to get a beautiful green Duncan with silver trim when in the 5th grade. I volunteered to scrape plates in the cafeteria to get a free lunch to be able to feed my yoyo habit too.
That was in the mid '50’s.

2 Likes