Show some wooden yoyos you've made

That thing is super cute

4 Likes

5 Likes

I thought I’d mention I’m the proud owner of these two Yoyos.
Glen did a fantastic job on both. They are by far the nicest fixed Yoyos I have.

They play better than I had hoped. The little Burly is easily an edc.

I highly recommend Glen’s work.

4 Likes

Are you planning to make anymore tiny fixies?

4 Likes

I made a couple of Bloodcells the last two days just to remember how for the coming run. Here’s a maple one.

14 Likes

Turned a purple heart kururin for a KK present for someone at work.

I need to give it some UV exposure to purple it up a bit.

15 Likes

For a while now, I’ve wanted to use very light woods in making yoyos, but I haven’t found the right model to use it with.

Light woods have some benefits; it requires over sized dimensions to get them within a useable weight range. This results in yoyos that spin stronger than more conventional sized fixed axle yoyos.

The Harbinger is the perfect model to experiment with this. The best features of it is its strong spins and powerful regens.

Made of oregon, this Harbinger is an absolute powerhouse with a floaty feel.

Diameter: 64mm
Width: 35mm
Weight: 44g.

19 Likes

This is your kinda Harbinger @EOS44.

4 Likes

I can imagine the spin on this bad boy!

3 Likes

:flushed: I might finally be able to do an 0A spirit bomb with this!

3 Likes

Yeah for sure. Spins like crazy and only increases more as the axle breaks in.

3 Likes

A serious candidate for this!

4 Likes

I made a a couple.of Skinflints for birthday presents for kids in my class.

20 Likes

Here’s a few of my favorites.

22 Likes

Nice. Welcome.

2 Likes

Excellent!!! Welcome to the forum.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been a part of a couple yoyo groups on Facebook for a few years now, not sure why it took me so long to make an account here :thinking:

3 Likes

Is it weird to be showing yoyos on top of trees? It’s kind of like taking pictures of chicken nuggets surrounded by fuzzy baby chicks :hatching_chick: :wink:

7 Likes

Here’s a one-piece made from oak that was turning out quite nicely until disaster struck…

15 Likes

Those were starting to shape up nicely.

It looks like you were either putting too much pressure on the piece from the tailstock or the wood may have already had a hairline crack in it. Its also possible you were exerting to much pressure on the blank with your turning tools.

3 Likes