Show some wooden yoyos you've made

Time for balsa wood knack.

6 Likes

38g is too light. At that weight, it just doesn’t feel like enough power is transferring to the yoyo when you throw it. Its fun enough though and performs OK.

4 Likes

This was the second yoyo I ever made. I think I’ve come a long way.

17 Likes

Some people just think it’s that easy

2 Likes

i didnt make it, my dad’s college friend made it when he was a kid and gifted it to me. I still thought itd be cool to share it on this forum, i hope no one flags it as not relevant lol. Made out of koa wood in Hawaii

19 Likes

I cringe when I see hole saws used, but that freehand routing on a piece that small is EXTREMELY dangerous!

5 Likes

I thought he was doing well until I saw the router table scene. It went well for him there, but it could have gone terrible.

5 Likes

That’s so dope! Koa wood is legit

3 Likes

Good God…

There are ways to do that RIGHT with a router…that particular method with the router table is not one of them.

He could have used the tape method and used a plunge router to accomplish the same task without risking fingers or shooting pieces across the woodshop.

Don’t try that at home people.

5 Likes

Experimenting with gap widths and different response systems. Some play better than others but they all play well.

Purple Heart, Padauk and Bocote.

33 Likes

These are incredible looking yoyos, @vegabomb! I reckon they look better quality than mine.

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful yoyos made from absolutely beautiful woods

7 Likes

Ah man you were holding out on me with the purpleheart?!

3 Likes

Haha no… I just turned those!

4 Likes

According to the USPS, my spectra-ply Bloodcell has arrived in San Francisco! Current estimates have it in my hands by Thursday. :+1:

9 Likes

i’m getting stuff Thursday as well! unless USPS comes early… or arrives late. it’s been “in transit, arrriving on time” for almost 24hr.

2 Likes

I made a cypress pine Bloodcell for @pmdon should he choose to accept it.

15 Likes

Made an EOS Harbinger today. It’s a bit bigger and more aggressive than the original Harbinger.

16 Likes

What are the stats?
Diameter- ??.?mm
Width- ??.?mm
Weight- ??.?grams
Gap-?.??mm

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes