Show some wooden yoyos you've made

i’m fully on board with a heavier blood cell, especially if its made from purple heart <3

5 Likes

Ok, hear me out on this. What about a Bloodcell made with Redheart? Still heavier than walnut, slightly lighter than purpleheart, and would look so cool since it’s red.

3 Likes

Here I have teak, silver ash, walnut, maple and golden wattle.

I’m thinking Bloodcells from all but the ash which will be a larger KNack.

17 Likes

Check out the silver ash and teak. The silver ash is so clean looking, while the teak has some interesting streaks.

21 Likes

Ohh those look fantastic

5 Likes

Ed’s beautiful No Jives were making me jealous. So here’s my first take-apart, 6mm bolt and a size C wood concave blank

18 Likes

Wood concave blank you say???

3 Likes

Since I took this photo I’ve finished the mulga blanks but they weren’t worth the time involved.
I’ve also made and shredded a series of plywood blanks. The plywood lasts about two days but only take ten minutes to make.
The lychee wood on the Pacquiao is by far the best. Still gets used and is the only one I’d make more of.

10 Likes

Good for isolating wether vibe is coming from imbalanced halves or a poorly mounted axle. Size C’s are so forgiving of sh*tty axles.

11 Likes

I’d like to see something wood to go with the upcoming freshly dirty stem system. It would be a challenge to get the weight up to the 60g+ mark. Might have to incorporate some inner weight rings.

3 Likes

The right wood could do it. Would need to be dense

I’m going to go to a place here in Vegas called Woodcraft to look at hard wood blanks. Any suggestions on a good common wood to begin with?

1 Like

Maple

Sweet. I found this baseball bat maple stock

8 Likes

Oh dude! Freakin eureka! I’m gonna have to make a trip to the city and go to woodcraft. That’s perfect!

2 Likes

That’s sweeeet. Was the diameter?

So the blank is 2.75”. I figured that’s ok because my Loop720 is 2.25”. Gives me plenty of wiggle room. The phone camera keeps making the diameter look similar but there’s plenty of material around it.

6 Likes

2.75” = 69.85 mm

Nice find.

Classic slim shape. With friction polished rims, shmoove groove response, raw from response to axle. Oiled on the face only.

18 Likes

Have you sold any of your fixed axles state side yet? Man, we would eat them up if you did.

5 Likes