Show some plastic yoyos you made

What the…:exploding_head: This looks amazing. That shape, that clean look :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Cool, has Prescription and Cascade vibes, will look good in the OD collection.

11 Likes

Funny gunpla kit style plastic yoyo.

Designed by me, printed by one of my friends on his UV resin 3d printer.

27 Likes

Sorcerers, all of you!

2 Likes

Dude! This is so cool!!! I want a make your own yoyo kit! It reminds me of all the accessories that came in my ninja turtles and GI joes. How does it play?

2 Likes

I love this design and aesthetic! How long does the resin process take? Would you and your friend be willing to print more if this one works out? I would be interested in one.

Pretty good for a first try! The walls are a bit low for stalls, but it seems nice so far for classic-style tricks and some modern responsive.

The print took about 12 hours, not sure about curing/drying time.

Here’s a photo of one of the test prints that failed and was canceled.

He may be up for it after he gets his new printer, and we need to figure out a better resin to use as this turned out to be fairly brittle (it’s intended for high-detail/stiff parts). I also need to update the response (the tiny starburst didn’t work out well) and fix some of the part sizes so that it doesn’t take as much sanding.

8 Likes

This is so absolutely cool. I really hope something comes of this.

Is it printable with an FDM printer or only resin? I can try to print if you need.

Maybe? It’s worth a shot, do you know what sort of clearance I’d need to get two circular parts to press together with your printer? Also, would you want to print with the “runners” or just the loose parts?

1 Like

I feel like the runners are half of what makes it so cool. It would be an amazing unboxing/assembly experience

1 Like

Not to sure on the clearance. It would vary off material and lots of other factors. Would probably be a trial and error thing to find what works. It doesn’t look like I’d be able to print the “runners” as currently designed, but maybe. Printing just the parts would probably be much less post processing too. Happy to give it a try if you need.

1 Like

Can I bring this back to life? Made this fun little guy today. Diameter is 53-54mm, width around 29mm, and weight is 54 grams. Very fun to play with and very smooth!

27 Likes

Make more of these and take my money (when I have money) thank you

5 Likes

Lovely

@Glenacius_K what ever happened to this guy?

Show some plastic yoyos you made - #2 by Glenacius_K

4 Likes

Sold it around 6 years ago.

3 Likes

Any chance you’ll be making any hand turned unresponsives in the future? Wood or plastic, doesn’t make a difference to me. Both would be sick

1 Like

I was just thinking the same thing. I’d love to buy an original from Glenacius K himself.
The don

1 Like

They are hardly worth the time and effort.

They take 3-4 times as long to make as a Bloodcell and sell for only $50 more, and if they are wood, they may turn out too vibey afterwards. They would have to be around $300 shipped to be worth the time and effort.

7 Likes