Show some plastic yoyos you made

This is giving me Luncha Libre vibes, but in a good way!

Looks good man!

1 Like

Thought I would share my SLA 3d printed designs from this weekend. Still working out how to get good print quality

9 Likes

I love all these throws that are being made! Was it easy for y’all to jump into making your own plastics? It’s something I’ve wanted to do for awhile but haven’t worked up the guts to do it.

2 Likes

I’ve only been printing yoyos since this weekend and started designing in late September, but for me the hard part was realizing how much I wanted to make yoyos and believing that I could make it happen.
CAD is free and you can always use a service like shapeways to get your design printed. I did that for my first one and it was under $50
My 3d printer was around $190 which was fairly reasonable considering that I now have a machine that makes yoyos.
Living 16yo me’s dreams :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

what a fascinating design, me likey.

55mmx31mm 66g
21.5mm pads cause why not. Binds feel great
I’m having problems with the inside is parts printing poorly so the cap/ring/body fit is pretty bad. I can get that figured out

10 Likes

If I could get access to those cad files that’d be amazing!

Hoping to add some pics to this thread soon! Just ordered some raw material with the goal of making some counterweights, hubstacks, and create bodies from scratch to fit old Yoyojam rims. Gonna be trying to make the X-Convict, Dark Magic 2, New Breed, and Hitman bodies for the rims.

14 Likes

Not yoyos, but I made a POM Egg Cup and Pencil today. They are my own designs for a pocket kendama style toy. My class have really been getting inti the wooden Egg Cups that I have on my desk, so I thought Id make a couple more for them to use that are virtually indestructible.

The red rings you see are silicone O rings embedded to help with lighthouse and bird type stalls.

20 Likes

Glen these are amazing !!! I’ve never seen a POM kendama until now! The rubber O ring is a great way to add grip on a plastic kendama. Man I wish I could try this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Those are pretty slick Glen. Nice work as always.

2 Likes

This sort of thing can and does happen when a yoyo maker gets bored and creative at the same time.

21 Likes

Those look like they make prefect washing machine dials, beautiful yoyo

5 Likes

Is it printed or did you add the cross pieces after turning the bodies?

Please post a video of it spinning - with sound.

1 Like

It looks to be molded, you can see what looks like a sprue gate

1 Like

That yoyo seems as if it could spin like water down a drain :thinking:

Reminds me of this, beauty
Capture

I bet the response is no joke!

4 Likes

Spinworthy x Bunnings - The Plug

1 Like

It indeed was a Bunnings collaboration.

2 Likes

I made a Plastic yoyo for my mate Skip who is competing in Australian nats. Its made of cookies ‘n’ creme HDPE 60 x 42 x 68g. Smooth and fast.

28 Likes

I made this for Onedrop for a trade for a cerakote Topdeck.

31 Likes