Show some plastic yoyos you made

I just finished working out a trade with members of the forum from Florida. One of the items I will receive is a Spinworthy skinny Survivalist through axle.

While looking through this thread I noticed at post 734 there is one that looked very similar even down to the locations of the black specs, what are the chances it is the same one? I would imagine that when molded they would be slightly different.

The one I have coming

The one in post 734

I would love to find out more about this.

7 Likes

I would love a standard sized Blood Cell made of the HDPE to match my Survivalist

1 Like

This yoyo is not made from injection molding. Its a hand turned fixie, made similar to wooden fixies. This was made in a seriously low quantity and I would not be surprised if thats the same one.

@Glenacius_K made that yoyo and he makes INCREDIBLE yoyos.

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction.

It’s the same one. There were only two made and the through hole one you have coming is the best one.

Its made of HDPE and turned on my lathe. That is a very nice Survivalist.

6 Likes

Kinda like “frisbee” is a brand of flying disc :blush:

Thanks for the information, I am super excited about this. I have been looking for one for a while and was able to work out a trade.

I hope it plays as nice as when you made it.

2 Likes

The Survivalist is awesome. Enjoy it!

2 Likes

I’m seeing quite a few Survivalists on the BST for sale. I know there’s lots of reasons why people sell off their yoyos, but I hope people aren’t going sour on them.

3 Likes

I do confess that I set it aside for two weeks after I hit myself in the head. That thing is solid.

1 Like

It will Survive. I can’t say the same for you.

8 Likes

Eventually I would like to get a rainbow survivalist. Going to have to watch the BST thread more often.

1 Like

The one on the right is my favorite of Glen’s that I have.

9 Likes

Im certainly not, I took a short break from my six-shooter survivalist to focus a bit more on wood fixies but have been back to playing it everyday for the last 3 weeks. It has such a unique feel in play and on the response. I still love it very much!

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with the Survivalist, but in my case I let mine go because I picked up what I genuinely feel is one of the best fixies ever made. Love this thing so much. It still smells good by the way.

21 Likes

I made this today. I messed it up but it still plays nicely.

20 Likes

I made an unresponsive out of UHMWPE today. It’s super light at 50.5g.

22 Likes

Very cool! What type of bolt system do use to connect the halves?

OneDrop Cabal guts.

1 Like

Oh wow, cool!