Show some plastic yoyos you made

Er… No. This is a kind of HDPE.

4 Likes

I thought it was cookies & cream!

8 Likes

I wondered why they looked so delicious!

2 Likes

There goes my exclusivity…

3 Likes

Made this little organic yoyo from acetal (POM). Plays exactly as I’d hoped.

32 Likes

That looks real nice!

3 Likes

Thanks, mate. Plays like a dream too.

4 Likes

I know that your other delrin throw was real heavy. What’s this one clock in at for weight?

1 Like

This one weighs in at 75g. Sounds like too much but is really quite good (surprisingly).I will still cut the weight down in future.

3 Likes

Gosh that’s beautiful.

3 Likes

This is a weird thing: I own several POM YoyoJoker yoyos, and mine seem to have as much, if not less vibe and they are turned by hand. They weren’t even turned in a metal lathe; just my regular old wood lathe. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Looks like a dv888 lol

Just the profile though.

I’m sure it plays great, it sure looks great!

3 Likes

Kinda reminds me of a wooly

2 Likes

I’m relatively new to the yoyo making scene, but I’ll add a POM yoyos to my list of yoyos to make :grin:

2 Likes

I will be making an unresponsive soon out of an engineering grade of polyester. Its a very durable and dimensionally stable material.

13 Likes

I’ve had to get thtinking today. A couple of my customer’s Survivalists fell apart on them. PE plastics don’t like to be glued even with PE specific adhesives. So I’ve had to improve the design. The solution: threaded axles. Here’s just a test below. I’ll begin making a threaded Survivalist tonight.

10 Likes

Nice a take apart design :yo-yo:

6 Likes

Yep, it’s what the kids want these days.

4 Likes

Uh oh, I have had super bad experiences with “wood threads”. Make sure you test this… a lot.

3 Likes

I’ll make sure it’s solid. I have had bad experiences with woodthread axles too.

The thread is much finer on this which helps with grip.

6 Likes