Show some plastic yoyos you made

Maybe make an Offstring! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

People seem to pay $100+ all day long for those.

3 Likes

You know… That’s not a bad idea.

4 Likes

There are many people here who own and play them. Many of them don’t show them off or talk about them, which they are not at all required to do.

If it helps mention a couple of notable people who find some kind of fun out of them, then I will. @yyfben2.deactivated, @Markmont, @The_Machinist.

It is my fault that I really don’t bother marketing them, but that’s not my thing. I make them for the love of making them and for a small number people to enjoy. I’m too busy to invest much in much else.

4 Likes

I’m interested in one. Do you make any unresponsive that are dead smooth? I love smooth plastics

1 Like

No.

But most of them are pretty smooth considering they are hand turned.

The POM yoyos I make are about as smooth as most of the machine made POM yoyos I’ve ever owned.

4 Likes

You don’t know what you’re missing. Nuff Said.

1 Like

Bull shot. He does. But he’sa humble man I would suspect.

Looking forward to trying one one day!!

2 Likes

I gave a quick search of ‘handmade 4A yoyos’ and it came up empty.

Looks as though it’s likely nobody has done this before. Maybe I should give it a try soon.

Thing is, I have no experience in 4A, so I will be making something based off what seems to be the average specs of what is already available.

Also, I will need to use a half-spec C bearing to get the gap about right. Not sure that 4A players would like that. It may mess with the spin or function in some way I wouldn’t anticipate.

3 Likes

I voted yes because that plastic has a very cool look, BUT…

Your plastics don’t need to be “more appealing” Glen. They look great, play great, and they are meticulously hand-crafted by a fellow yoyo player on the other sides of the planet. Those are all pretty good things. A small sample size here on the forum who “may not buy them” for $100 does not represent the entire market. There’s a spot for your products, no need to worry about making them more appealing or less expensive.

19 Likes

they definitely look great

2 Likes

Made a recycled HDPE Fixie for @AKYOYOMIKE

Was going to call this model the Beater, but I think it should have a better name.

19 Likes

“The Beater” works for me! That thing looks delicious! Thanks!

5 Likes

I doubt it will matter (as this is like the third time this is happened in the last year and none of the involved parties have cared) just in case you aren’t aware but Steve Brown’s upcoming signature CLYW throw is named Beater :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I better avoid Beater then. I’ll think of something.

2 Likes

You already produced and named the yoyo. Steve can fend for himself and make up a new name.

2 Likes

I’m a nobody and Steve is a someone.

I think I’ll let him have the name.

3 Likes

Sorry, I shouldn’t’ve mentioned it. I think Spinworthy Beater and CLYW Beater are distinct enough that they won’t confuse anyone, especially as they’re completely different style of yo-yos. I guess I just thought it was interesting and was more commenting that this keeps happening.

You already produced and named the yoyo. Steve can fend for himself and make up a new name.

to be fairrrr the CLYW Beater has been publicly named since February

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLKxWWNLhZE/

3 Likes

I don’t want to make my yoyos the same as someone else’s.

TopYo also have a yoyo called the Button. I made mine after theirs, but mine actually looks like a button and theirs doesn’t. Lol

7 Likes

Sorry, I was not aware of that when I wrote what I did.

3 Likes