Show some plastic yoyos you made

I’d love to see what it looks like spinning!

2 Likes

Love the look of this plastic!

2 Likes

Still thinking of send some these in instead of the unresponsives.

3 Likes

18 Likes

Haha. I don’t think people really want unresponsive yoyos from me.

1 Like

I assure you, if you make them, people will buy them.

9 Likes

Hmmm… Maybe at $30 people might. :sweat_smile:

I think people expect plastic unresponsive yoyos to be really cheap, whether machine made or handmade. I just can’t deliver that.

1 Like

Im gonna be honest a 100$ plastic is hard to swallow. The sphere was pretty well marketed and they aren’t selling super fast from what I can see.

That being said one of your unresponsives is high on my list for stuff to buy​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This.

I personally would love to see wooden unresponsives made by you I would buy those up. Felt like you make the best wood around frfr. Your plastics look good but they’re not in green (half kidding) and your wooden throws stick out more imo. Good work as always though

1 Like

I can send in both, but I think I’ll send in only 6 unresponsives and around 20 of the multicolored HDPE fixed axles.

Because:

Which is exactly what I thought. It’s also pretty good indicator that I have 2 different ones on the BST that spark very little interest.

Not sure how much people really value hand made. Doesn’t matter that literally nobody else makes handmade platic unresponsives like mine. They want 'em cheap and consider them beaters and I totally understand that.

It’s interesting that other manufacturers really value my yoyos though (Onedrop A-RT, YYF and Markmont) I suppose they have the perspective to appreciate them.

5 Likes

There’s been expensive plastics in the past that so well

Turning point used to sell their pom throws for over a hundred and they did well. I think it just depends on the market but I think the forum doesn’t count for all the others that are looking at yoyoexperts store.

3 Likes

22 Likes

Just want to.ask you all, would a more exotic plastic than POM make my unresponsives more appealing for purchase?

How about this kind of plastic?

It is just as tough as POM and has the same density, but it makes a smoother, chalkier feeling yoyo in the hand. IIIt’swonderful. It is Teflon filled, so it grinds really well. It also tends to produce smoother yoyos. Its very chemical resistant. It can’t be dyed like POM, but the grey looks excellent. No other yoyo manufacturer uses this plastic and they won’t because it’s costs at least twice as much as POM. I won’t sell my unresponsives at a higher price for using it though.

So would it make my unresponsives more appealing for purchase at about $100 before shipping?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Does it give similar specs to POM?

1 Like

Exactly the same.

2 Likes

Looks cool! Im already a fan of your unresponsive works.
Dont take bst sales too literally. Many folks would spend a 100$ for a purchase off the store and not off the bst.
I feel like though these look great… Your unresponsives are unknown. Noone has played them noone owns them. Noone has said anything about them. To spend money on an unknown is risky. They haven’t really been marketed at all. I feel that some solid marketing like reviews or even videos of some players using it(mainly reviews) would do well to drum up hype.
Marketing goes a long way. It only takes a few of the throwers I respect to say that a yoyo is great for me to want to buy it. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck!

5 Likes

This is my main concern. I’m asking in order to help me make a decision to send some in to YYE along with the POM Whippets I’ve already made. I can make a few more whippets out of this too before sending in.

6 Likes

I just totally understand that people don’t really want to drop $100 on a hand made POM yoyo when you can buy them for under $30. I just want to see if people feel the same way about a more exotic plastic.

2 Likes

I’ll write up a review about the whippet I ordered so people have a better idea if this is worth more or less to them. I trust Glen’s opinion that it’s good but sometimes it’s nice to have a second opinion on it.

5 Likes

Yeah definitely don’t take my opinion on it, you really need to try it for yourself.

1 Like