Show some plastic yoyos you made

Got a dial indicator for my lathe. This will greatly increase the accuracy of my turned unresponsive halves. Smoother spinning from here on in.

20 Likes

And this is even better. I fitted a 4 jaw independent chuck onto my lathe. It’s meant for a metal lathe, but it will drastically improve the accuracy of my plastic unresponsives. With this, I can always mount my halves and adjust the chuck until they spin within .01mm accuracy.

20 Likes

Decided to bring a little more 68g into yoyo today.

24 Likes

Maybe you can make a BettyWorthy! :smile:

8 Likes

I made a couple of yoyos as birthday presents for students in my class.

30 Likes

Lucky kids!

6 Likes

Right! To be given a yoyo is very cool. To be given a yoyo by someone well advanced in skill is flippin’ awesome!

2 Likes

I’m tempted to scrap the unresponsive run I’ve started and just smash out a run of 20 of these next holidays instead.

2 Likes

That recycled rainbow material is amazing. You’d sell 20 with a quickness.

6 Likes

I certainly think it would sell much better than my unresponsives.

1 Like

They definitely have that whimsical Duncan Disney’s World of Color to them

6 Likes

Whoa, I thnk that is much cooler!

1 Like

I think a slimline with bearing out of this material might be a hit.

3 Likes

Not easy to.achieve, unfortunately. The material creeps a lot, so it doesn’t handle the compression of the cap and bearing seat against the wall. Eventually you just can’t tighten the yoyo properly. Having said that, while it’s working, it’s great.

16 Likes

If this ends up happening I would definitely be down to buy one. The material looks gorgeous.

3 Likes

Too bad. Looks great.

1 Like

An o-ring would probably fix it?

1 Like

Amazing yo-yo Glen,
I know your a man of high quality and exacting standards but my wallet jumped out my trousers when I looked upon this.
Absolute beauty dude!

2 Likes

I refitted the yoyo I made the other day with an 8mm AL axle and now it’s a fantastic 0A yoyo! A true POM Knack.

16 Likes

Made this tonight. Super smooth.

23 Likes