Workhorse? Batteur, Batidora

1 Like

Flotsam, maybe.

3 Likes

The Seurat

Joseph’s Yoyo of Many Colours

The Kaleidoscope

3 Likes

If you want to go that route, I think Hooptie would be an awesome name!

4 Likes

I wanted to make a yoyo with cups that looked like Pac-Man opening his mouth wide open to eat one of them pellet thingies. Turns out it’s the perfect design to lose Worlds with. I love it.

26 Likes

It’s fun to play? Are you selling it?

Maybe you could call it the “Plane Trainer.” There are all these yoyos out now for practicing accuracy. This one could help you with plane management, assuming I understand its characteristics.

4 Likes

It’s really fun to play. It feels very interesting. It feels both solid and light and is very zippy. It changes direction extremely easily. I don’t think I’ve ever used a yoyo quite like it.

Of course with this much centerweight, you need to manage your plane well, spin can die out pretty easily of you’re sloppy too. You don’t have to think about it all the time though, you can just play it like any other yoyo.

It sold very quickly. I like it so much I might make another for myself next week.

5 Likes

I made PTFE filled polyester Umbra for @MarkD. Plays great.

32 Likes

Wow. How much does that weigh! Looks sweet as always!

3 Likes

64.5g

6 Likes

Awesome collab with @MarkD , really like the logo on the rim :ok_hand:

9 Likes

WOW!
(complete sentence)

7 Likes

It looks so good!

3 Likes

Now that I have better tools for dialing in accuracy I thought I’d have a crack at a V2 of the Whippet yoyo I made. This one is slightly heavier at 63g and has way more rim weight than the last model It’s also a little less boxy.

I got some new Teflon filled polyester and I’m not happy with the quality of it so far. Sure it’s durable enough, but I can see a patch on the rim where the polyester and teflon haven’t been mixed properly. Not good at all. On the plus side the play is super good. I feel achieve better weight distributions than most other pure plastics.

17 Likes

Made my first plastic (delrin) yoyo yesterday! It’s 53mm in diameter, and weighs 71 grams.

It plays lighter than it is, as the weight is evenly distributed. I decided to half-swap dye it, as I love half swap color schemes.

33 Likes

Beautiful! That looks like a Panorama!

4 Likes

You did an excellent job getting such a consistent surface finish on it. Well done!

5 Likes

Thanks! I wet sand it to a high grit using car detailer, and then I rub a buffing compound and buff it off with a towel. It really gets the delrin smooth!

It seems that the dyeing process makes the smooth finish more satiny.

9 Likes

Gorgeous - love the colour scheme :+1:

2 Likes

I thought I wouldn’t like this yoyo at all. It turns out it is my best performing plastic yoyo I’ve made so far.

22 Likes