12 Likes

Who need more pins?:nerd_face:

12 Likes

Gnarwal
Final 1st run BvM with scoreboard engraving
BvM Shark vs Zombie Beaver
BvM Limited edition Hot Pink
OG Wooly Marmot (fav playing clyw)
Maple Drip Peak 1 of 21 (mine forever lol)

My small but very loved collection of CLYW.
Y’all are amazing, thank you for helping me find these after all these years of being out of game.

10 Likes

all nostalgic bangers here too lovely

4 Likes

Hm

1. Peak og 28s mint

2. Peak og #33 mint

3. Peak og royal binson mint

4. Peak 2nd Clearview station mint

5. Peak 2nd 28s mint

6. Peak 2nd raspberry 1/7 (first one) mint

7. Peak 2nd Frozen Mammoth mint

8. Peak 2nd chesterman mint

9. Peak 2nd Alex mint

10. Peak 2nd iron Man mint

11. Peak 2nd Sebastian Brock mint

12. Peak 2nd clown town ver 2 mint

13. Peak 2nd blue corner hulk smush 1/1

14. Peak 2nd hulk smash mint

15. Canvas hulk smash mint

16. Canvas wolf ninja hurdles mint

17. Canvas canadian Crest mint

18. Canvas owl mint

19. Canvas teeth mint

20. Canvas raw painted by jensen nm

21. Canvas 53 latitude mint

22. Canvas ding face mint

23. Canvas Pinkerton nm

24. Canvas ashberry 8/10

25. Canvas derlium dive mint

26. Canvas ninja hurdles 9/10

23 Likes

This thread has gotta be in my Top 10 favorite threads on YYE period. Had the whole collection out for pics recently so it’s time for an update!

CLYW’s as of January 2023

Click/tap for full list of throws from L to R

Peak, WM1, Avalance, Chief (x3), Sasquatch 22
Summit (x3), Orca, Cliff, AC2, OG Yeti
Peak 2 (x3), Snow Lzzrd, Blizzard, Kodiak
Wish, Wildfire, Akita, Beater (x2), Ditch
Alpine (x2), Creep (x4)

20 Likes

Still one of my favorite orca colorways

2 Likes

So i won this bvm on ebay for only 44$. Can anyone help me figure out what edition this one is? Someone said its a blizzard colorway but i cant find a single other like it. Super super curious so thank you for the help! :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Sheeeeeeesh :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Closing in on my CLYW collection, can anyone double check this list and see if I’m missing anything? This is all the ones I know about. In any specific order.

Non-Collabs

Peak (Original)
Bear vs Man
Bassalope (Large Bearing)
Bassalope (Small Bearing)
Wooly Marmot
Campfire
Gnarwhal
Sasquatch (Original)
Avalanche
Canvas
Chief
Arctic Circle 1
Arctic Circle 2
Glacier Express
Cliff
Puffin
Bear vs Man 2
Wooly Marmot 2
Yeti (Original)
Gnarwhal 2
Bonfire
Puffin 2
Orca
Advance Scout
Scout
Borealis
Big Dipper
Blizzard
Iglood
Manatee
Yeti 2
Compass
Kodiak
Gorge
Peak 2
Borealis 2
Pickaxe
Puffin 3
Sasquatch (2018)
Boy
Wildfire
Ditch
Wish
Snow Lzzrd
Otter
Akita
Bear Trap
Metal Yeti
Kayak
Beater
Dune

Collabs

(SPYY) Galactic Goose
(One Drop) Wooly Markmont
(C3) H5xChief
(One Drop) Summit
(One Drop) Seven Summit
(Luftverk) Tundra
(Luftverk) Ti Peak
(Luftverk) Alpine
(SF) Pariah
(YYF) Moonshine
(YYF) Moonshine 2
(YYF) Sherpa
(YYF) Jackknife
(YYF) Navigator
(YYF) Expedition
(YYF) Basecamp Legend
(YYF) Basecamp Flight
(YYF) Basecamp California
(YYF) Basecamp Edgeless (Not sure on this one, it came up when I was looking for Basecamp stuff)
(Mowl) MRL-04

Sub-Brands

(Pool Party) Banana Hammock
(Pool Party) Bi-Metal Banana Hammock
(Pool Party) Pool Noodle
(Heaven Sent) Creep

1 Like

Would Good Life be considered a clyw sub brand?

I don’t think so, it was founded after Kurti left CLYW if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Good Life is a completely unrelated brand. Kurti left CLYW completely to start up his own brand.

The “sub-brands” are Pool Party and Heavensent which are both more or less defunct at this point. A little bit confusing but the idea with Pool Party was so Chris could design yoyos without them being criticized for being “not-CLYW enough” and for Alec to be able to market/promote a yoyo with his own sense of style/aesthetics while still being on the CLYW team.

Pool Party doesn’t have as much of a reason to exist any more since I think consumers have mostly gotten over criticizing CLYWs for “not being CLYW enough,” and the final run of Creeps just happened with no announcement of any future plans from Alec.

I don’t know if it’s worth including these, but maybe consider the 2012 Avalanche and 2014 Sasquatch? Everybody says first run Avalanches are better than the 2012 version. 2010 Ava didn’t take snow tires, and the CAD was completely lost so the 2012 Ava is a recreation from the ground up. 2014 Sas also modified the guts to fit snow tires and made some other tweaks.

I dunno if you’d care about this but if you’re getting a Navigator it might be cool to seek out out of the early ones that didn’t cover up the Gentry Stein x Alex Gormley engraving.

List seems complete to me though outside of those Ava/Sas variants.

3 Likes

I was considering the old Avalanches and Sasquatches. I was ALSO considering all the different runs of Peaks and Chiefs but I don’t want to be insane by the end of this. So for my list at least I will stick with the updated versions.

I also have a powder coated Navigator (and orignal Peak!) coming but I will consider the older Navigators.

Also, very well articulated about the sub-brand thing. Wouldn’t mind see more of either though, they’re pretty cool.

2 Likes

Highly recommend looking for a 3rd run peak. They were the best playing of the original runs. @OhDavidBowie

3 Likes

Sending this out to @OhDavidBowie. FG Gold Nugget that I stripped and powder coated as an experiment to try and match the legendary Levi Peak style. The FG Gold Nuggets I’ve come across are oddly some of the smoothest Peaks I’ve played with making them great for powder coating. Would love to find another to try that white and pink fade.

25 Likes

Don’t tempt me… it won’t take much to convince me I need one.

2 Likes

Still blown away just looking at that picture. Can’t wait to get it.

2 Likes

I agree. 1st, 2nd and 3rd run peaks should all be their own yo-yo you try to obtain. So you have a 2nd run now. 2 more to go lol

1 Like

Oh man 1st and 3rd runs are impossible to find. I’ve heard all 3 runs play drastically different.

2 Likes