Show off your CLYW yoyos.

Zammy!

Yes!!!

Hey guys felt like sharing so I took a quick photo, sorry for the quality.

2 Likes

What is the one on the Bottom right?

Pretty sure its one of the old avalanches. Thats why the yoyoā€™s are avalanching down the mountain on the box.

1 Like

That is a ā€œDog Fish Creekā€ Avalanche. One of my favorites ! :smiley:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3878/14370809715_c4c1183554_c.jpg

2 Likes

Current CLYW collection. I also have a Sasquatch on its way to me (supposedlyā€¦)

2 Likes

^Wow thats quite the collection you got there.

Thanks. Itā€™s a work in progress, lol.

My 3 kids in a lovely off-center picture.

I have a 2nd Rafmagn packed up ready to send when I receive my end of a trade so I donā€™t count it as part of the family. The Rafmagn in the picture will probably find a new home at some point too. If there is ever a Broken Twill or some sort of darker blue based Puffin 2 colorway released my life will be complete but Maiderade is pretty sweet for now.

Are you sure thatā€™s called Dogfish Creek? I have a Dogfish Creek New Avalanche and itā€™s a light grey base with lime green splash, thereā€™s no white splash on it. Is there an older dogfish creek Iā€™m unaware of?

According to YYE this is Dogfish Creek but it could certainly be wrong

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/new-avalanche-restock-tonight-clyw_canada/

They certainly changed the Colorway for the second run. Not only did they leave out the silver part of the splash, but they used a slightly different color of green.

The one I posted I bought from Chris almost three years ago, and it was one of the very few Dog Fish Creeks. Which was why I bought that particular color. I actually have two of them.

So, it would appear that we are both correct.

Iā€™ve not been all that thrilled how CLYW has changed some of their colorways over the course of time. Iā€™m going to assume that itā€™s just difficult to maintain consistency across different runs, and potentially different personnel performing and running the anodizers at Gruntbull as well.

The 28 Stories, and the Black Bip Bop have all been looking very different with the newer runs.

1 Like

Mmmmmmm

1 Like

Is that one of the RAW 7075 Chiefs ? If so, do you plan on getting it anodized ?

Nothing like a clean slate to anodize, and especially a Chief !!

1 Like

Gold nugget is greatly different when it was applied to the Puffinā€¦ Almost a purple splash as opposed to the black/dark brown.

1 Like

mmmmmm so shiny

1 Like

:o :o