Should I keep A DV888?

I was just gifted a DV888. It’s unopened, but only has the spec bearing. The person who gifted it to me told me to exchange it for another if I didn’t like it.

I might prefer another in its price range, but I might not. How does it play? Compared to say a Kilter 2, which I own.

Also, I thought this belonged here, as its not me buying a yoyo, its me asking if I should keep it. Move the thread if you disagree.

It is a fun yoyo, though I feel that it isn’t the most stable. I personally like to use it for more fast paced play. I wouldn’t recommend it to learn on, but if you are looking for a smaller, fast-ish paced throw, it works well.

Not sure about it being fast paced.

May I ask how you would explain the yoyo? :slight_smile:

To me it has somewhat of a brick feeling with all the rim weight and its small diameter.
It can certainly be pushed to fast speeds like any yoyo, but I think it’s more of a chill kinda throw.

I agree that it isn’t too stable because of its high walls, but I think the high walls are important as they train you to be a more accurate yoyoer. As a beginner, I think using a yoyo like the Dv888 or Dark Magic is very helpful.

I have a DV888 as a “Store throw” and i spend plenty of time with it. While its not my favorite, it is a fun lil guy. He feels a little brick-ish in the hand, but not on the string. It has a good spin time for its size.

Its small diameter makes it just a little harder to hit some string tricks, but makes it easier for some of the tighter techy stuff.

I wouldnt say its fast or slow, but if i had to pick a side, I always go a little slower with him.

It plays responsive out of the box. Youll have to swap out the axle, the bearing and response pads for unresponsive play. there is a performance upgrade kit that has all three of these things for around 10 bucks.