DV888

So Im looking to throw something new and im looking at a dv888, I’ve read a few reviews and did some size comparisons to what I currently own, im wanting a little more feedback on the dv888, for the ones who throw it what do y’all think about it?

Swyped from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There’s plenty of reviews. Just look more.

If you want it, get it. It’s decent, can’t say anything bad about it. It’s not amazing, but it is decent. Undersized, feels heavy due to how it’s made and shaped, plays a bit heavy on the string, which isn’t surprising. It can handle pretty much anything you want to do with it except maybe IRGs but it’s got a decent rim on it so you might be able to pull those off with practice, but that’s way beyond what I can do right now.

For my preferences, I’d rather get a MarkMont Next. Pretty much twice the price, similar shape, better weight distribution, better everything, well except it isn’t a great throw for IRG’s either.

But, you want the dv888. This is great as first metal, next metal, fun metal, pocket throw, serious throw, anywhere throw. Yes, go get it.

Everything that Chris said.

A good throw but maybe put your money towards the MMN since it really does play nicer. The DV888 is still a very nice throw, stable and with enough dynamics to pull some good tricks. With the MMN though you’re going to probably get better play.

the OD MMN looks good and the reviews have all seemed to be good, but money is a bit on the tight side right now due to it being summer time. I’m open for an awesome play yoyo thats decently affordable, once things pick back up after summer, I’d be able to go for the higher priced range.

Go for the DV888. It’s a great yoyo. I, along with many others, chose it as my first unresponsive metal and wouldn’t have chosen anything different if given the chance.

I found it comfortable, visually appealing (Dark blue :drool:), capable of handling everything and anything I could throw at it from beginner to …much more proficient skill sets.

It definitely takes a beating too. Try to find a made in USA run if possible. Then again, it probably doesn’t matter. I’ve never played the newer runs so I can’t comment on their construction. I’m sure they are just as good as the original runs.

Some great input thanks guys

If money’s tight, scour the BST (not that I have a DV888 on my BST… oh, wait…)

The dv888 is rather affordable since it would be under 50 new, just can’t go dropping like let’s say 100 to 150 at this time.

You won’t be disappointed. The DV888 is like Mario in Super Smash Brothers or Mario Kart.

A Jack of all trades, master of none.

1 Like

It was my first metal and I still use it today. It’s still one of my best YYF’s! It’s so enjoyable to throw! I’m gonna agree with everyone else saying to get it now! You won’t be dissapointed!

Exactly what I was going to say! It can handle everything, but it doesn’t do them as well as what a specific style yoyo might be able to do. Have you looked at the Yuuksta?