Should I get the Onedrop Benchmark V or the Gradient as my first Onedrop yoyo?

Looking for an answer.

I enjoy the Gradient more. Nothing really stands out for the V, but that’s the beauty of it I suppose.

anyone else?

I would choose the Gradient. I think the Gradient has become a little underrated. Really, I think it’s sort of become the victim of its own success. The Gradient plays so well going fast that speedy play is the reputation it’s gotten. I think the Gradient is a really good yoyo at any speed.

Which is the best out of the Benchmarks? Anyone else got to give their say?

The Gradient beats any Benchmark, in my opinion. But, my favourite one is definitely the 2014 W. It plays quite well for the price.

Of the Benchmarks, I prefer the H. The Gradient is an awesome performer but I found it uncomfortable. If I had fewer return tops it wouldn’t be a big deal, but my collection has grown and I found myself much preferring the Valor. The new Rebirth is awesome in a similar price range, but I do like a good H profile. The Benchmark W is excellent and closer to the profile you are asking about. I would check it out. For some reason, I didn’t like the V as much. Oh and I agree with the previous post. The Gradient beats the Benchmarks in performance.

Anyway, since the Terrarian has came out, should I pick the Gradient, or Terrarian? (Looking for the one with better spin time, stability & better resistance to tilt.

You sure the Gradient outperforms the Benchmarks in terms of stability, spin time & resistance to tilt. I’m also looking for a throw that will play a bit faster.

The Gradient is amazing.

In my opinion the best of the Benchmarks is the 2014 V.

I’m looking for the yoyo that is the most stable, the most resistant to tilt, the one that can play horizontal the best & the one that’s the most agile.

Which out of the 2 you mentioned is more stable, resists tilt better & is better for horizontals?

Between the Benchmark and Gradient, I think the Gradient is best. At least for what you want. I would also check out the Chik! It is waaaay underrated. It is awesome for horizontal, super stable, and spins for days. I find it more comfortable than the Gradient. Seriously check it out.

Which one is better for the tech tricks & combos that I like?

To be honest I’m not sure. I traded my Gradient because I preferred the Valor. I kept the Chik. I found the Gradient uncomfortable but it does play amazing. For tech I prefer the Rebirth. It’s smaller diameter helps it fit in tight spaces. It has a nice pace and is rim weighted. Hope that helps.

And to clarify I’m not really sure how to answer your question because it’s a little unclear what you’re after. I don’t know what tech and combo tricks you like. I re-read all your posts and what you’re wanting seems to change. The only thing I’m clear on is you want something stable, good spin time, that is resistant to tilt. The Gradient and Chik both fit the bill nicely. The Rebirth is my favorite of the three because of its diameter, but is probably more prone to tilt. I think it plays like a full sized throw. In my opinion they are all plenty stable, excellent spin time, and all around great throws. All three are signature throws, so watch their play styles to see what suits you best. That is the best advice I can give. Also if it’s in your budget add the Valor to your list. I think it’s hands down their best competition throw. Best of luck and let us know what you get.

My noob opinion isn’t worth much, but I say the gradient. besides, can’t you get side effects (adjustable weights) for the gradient? That sounds like fun.

I want a yoyo that can go fast but can also slow down for the more intricate tech that I like.