Should i get a psg or a POPstar?

I wanted to get a cheap yoyo that i could take around without worrying about damaging it. The first thing that came to mind was the psg because it’s only $15 and its plastic. But i had also heard that the POPstar was really good for it’s price, it’s also really small so i could easily take it around. But i couldn’t choose.

I have the Popstar, and I’m tellin’ you, that thing can really hide in your pocket! There were some days I actually forgot it was there until I reached into my pocket- That thing is sooooooo portable. But play wise, it’s just a tad bit hard to land and isn’t the most stable yoyo one the block. I’ve never tried the PSG, but if you’re looking for portability, then the popstar is your yoyo :smiley:

i like the popstar

i would go with the PSG. I’ve owned both, and the PSG played leaps and bounds better IMO, but if your looking for something that’s good for your pocket, then popstar maybe would be a good choice.

I’ve never played the PSG but I was able to play with my friend’s POPstar. The POPstar is better than I thout it’d be, I could do almost any trick on it that I could do on my larger throws. It sleeps for a pretty good time and it’s great for grinds, the only bad part about it is that you can’t do thumb grinds very good because of its size. I would get the POPstar unless you don’t like undersized throws. :slight_smile:

For a pocket yoyo, the PSG is a little large but will HANDS DOWN out play the Popstar ANY day of the week.

You want a yoyo that you don’t have to worry about damaging. The POPstar is a metal, so the damage could have more serious affects. On the other hand, the PSG is a plastic, meaning it it more durable. I suggest the PSG since it can withstand a good beating.

I’ve never played the PSG but I was able to play with my friend’s POPstar. The POPstar is better than I thout it’d be, I could do almost any trick on it that I could do on my larger throws. It sleeps for a pretty good time and it’s great for grinds, the only bad part about it is that you can’t do thumb grinds very good because of its size. I would get the POPstar unless you don’t like undersized throws. :slight_smile:

If we’re talking PSG, consider the Asteroid and Starbrite as well in that mix, or even a Lyn Fury with a clean bearing and siliconed.

A Duncan ProZ with the Mod spacers installed, silicone stickers, aluminum spacers and CBC CenterTrak is a pretty sweet combination as well, especially if you’re concerned about damage.

hey budddddyyyy! your first thread congrats! i said earlier when i was at ur house, the popstar isnt that great and it is too small and unbalanced for my taste. like studio, i would consider the starbrite and asteroid too!

I went with the asteroid. A lil bigger and heavier. I also have the popstar and imo “meh”. Sure its portable but plays kinda iffy. Ive had it for months and played it maybe 10 times.

I figure even though the two of you know each other, sometimes it is useful to get an outside opinion.

While I do have the “taste” for $100 metal throws, some days I just choose an inexpensive yoyo and just have a great time with it just as if it was a nice metal yoyo. Fun comes in all sizes and shapes, and prices too. However, price doesn’t impact my ability to have fun!

I also recommend from what I have. The Starbrite, PSG, Asteroid and the Lyn Fury(stock and cleaned+silcioned) are all great under-$20 throws.

I’m kinda back and forth on the PopStar myself. If I want a tiny yoyo, I got an Aoda Littles. The PopStar isn’t one I’m in a rush to get. In fact, it’s way down on my wants list.

Focusing strictly on the Popstar, I hear the same stuff all the time: Too small, stability issues. A friend of mine has one. I think I should try it for a day.

If anyone wants to try my stuff, if you live near me, then make an appointment to come by or show up at my meets and try them out. Informed decisions are wise decisions. In this case, hands on experience is the best way to make a decision.

PSG period. Most pf the users recommending the Popstar haven’t even tried both. I Have used the PSG and the Popstar, and the PSG by far outplays it in stability and speed.

maybe you should take a look at magicyoyo products, they cost about the same as PSG, but are aluminium and with concave bearings.

You left out:

“and are awesome”.