should i do this mod?

I have a duncan metal drifter , i know a great mod to make it more unresponsive.

First , peel off one one of the black stickers inside the yo-yo,(preferably the side without the axle)

Next , put a small dab of lube on the sticky side of the black sticker.

Then , rub a very,very,VERY small dab of silicone on the part of the yo-yo where the sticker was.

Finally , rub a small dab of lube on the NON-STICKY side of the sticker.

Then , Put the sticker back on the yo-yo.

So my question to you is : should I Do It?

That sounds like a terrible idea. Putting silicone and oil underneath the silicone sticker will just give you a gunky mess that the sticker won’t stick to. Putting oil on top of the silicone sticker is going to make your string oily and keep the silicone sticker from doing its job.

If you want your Drifter to be unresponsive, clean the bearing just use one silicone sticker. Just about anything else is wasted effort.

2 Likes

Lube + Silicone (Or most response systems) = MUST Fail.

I"ve been yoyoing for five months now ;D and I personally think that thats a bad idea. my main yoyo is the YYF Protege’ but i have a YOYOJAM KICKSIDE that i won in a contest. and i Lubed the bearing and now its unresponsive. IT worked for me. IDK its up to you if you want to give it a try!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

These are the key words for that mod!

Mrcnja said it best, clean the bearing and only use one pad. I play mine exactly like that and its dead unresponsive.