Shipping time -- your thoughts?

I recently bought a throw thats been on my grail list for a while(on a popular bst). Im not going to mention what i purchased or who i purchased it from, but here’s the issue. This individual had somewhere around a dozen throws for sale. I paid handsomely for what i wanted. He told me he wanted to wait for some more to sell so he could ship all at once. I understand that and his original esimste was that weekend. That time frame tranlates to 4 days or so. Here we are at 12 days since i sent my funds and it hasnt been sent. He has been in contact and is fairly involved in the community so i dont think he is a scammer. I am a bit upset. What do y’all think? How would you handle it?

10 Likes

IMO he’s at fault. His reasoning would stand for like a week at max, but after that period he should’ve gone ahead and shipped your purchase. Personally, I ship either same or next day, and if I can’t, I’ll make it clear to the buyer when exactly I’ll be able to ship before the purchase is made.

12 Likes

I’m spoiled by folks getting packages out the door + tracking info back to me within a day or two. I wouldn’t put up with a 12 day delay unless I had specifically agreed to that ahead of time because someone was going on vacation for a bit.

And by “not put up with” I’d ask for a refund. You can always buy it later when they’re actually willing to ship it.

9 Likes

Sounds like crap to me. Why on earth would he have to wait to ship at once? There is no savings. I’d ask to have my item shipped immediately or refund my money.

9 Likes

Revolt!

2 Likes

Thanks for the input everyone. I have since made contact with someone in the same boat involving the same person. Action will be taken.

4 Likes

So he sold 2 yoyos and still didn’t ship? Yikes.

1 Like

More than that from what i gather. The other person that reached out bought 3. With my purchase that makes a minimum of 4. Id figure more than that

3 Likes

Almost 2 weeks since payment with no shipment is far far too long IMO.

Hope this transactions is resolved with a positive outcome.

6 Likes

if you dont get it soon then link this thread

3 Likes

Poor salesmanship. Just go out and drop off the damn package, it’s not rocket science!

4 Likes

Hopefully you paid with paypal goods and services. If you did, file a complaint now.

Well theres the problem. I did F&F. To be clear i researched the guy and everything checked out. That being said i can still file a claim with my credit card company if it comes to that. I hope it doesnt.

1 Like

Get on top of it now. Contact the seller and if they don’t provide actual provable tracking, contact your CC company. This looks like you’re being scammed.

1 Like

If it doesn’t resolve soon, you try and get their attention by making the issue public and mention a name. Either here, on FB or both…

2 Likes

So i threatened to go to the paypal and visa fraud department if he didnt get it shipped by Tuesday. I received a tracking number today. Jlim waiting to see if the number is legit.

5 Likes

Hope it works out for you. 12 days is far too long. When I sell items on eBay and such, I always ship next business day. Making it clear that if the item is purchased on a weekend it will be shipped Monday.

3 Likes

The only way this would remotely be acceptable is if the person said “hey I gotta go on vacation but I will ship your stuff out right after that”. 12 days to ship? No way. 2-3 MAX.

5 Likes

Same here. Its just common courtesy and a responsibility you take on when you put things up for sale.

1 Like

Agreed.