Shipping first - Split from WARNING: CLYWcollector & Addicted2yoyo.

NO!!! This person is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the sketchy kid you guys are talking about.

This youtube channel is BENBOD360’s channel.

Doesn’t bother any of us :wink:

But seriously, learn to spell

generally the less established member is the one to send first because of said issues, and someone that is honest and really willing to do a deal with you or anyone on a yoyo trade that has nothing to hide wouldnt be opposed to sending first to an established member here with a great track record and solid feedback.

there are some things i wonder as well those that say you send items first then i pay after i received them or something along those lines it just baffles me.

so no you arent from another planet you are just being cautious and rightfully so!

I think it is stupid when, you are making a trade, and you have a good amount of feedback, and so does the guy that you are trading, but maybe he has one or two more, and then he insists that you ship first. I have had this happen a lot, any one else?

Just kind of throwing my 2 cents out there.

I’ve had to file a PayPal claim. I saw a MIB Campfire (in a rarer colorway too) on the BST, and I decided to offer on it. The guy accepted my offer of $50 for it, so I payed him the money through PayPal. I remember, he requested me to gift the money, but I refused to. Smart move by me. After a week, no sign of the yoyo. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, so I PM’ed him, and waited another week. Nothing. Then, when I said I was going to file a claim, the kid said his mom got cancer within the week, and he had to deal with that. I know for a fact this was false.

I filed the claim, and got my cash back. Not too upset about almost being scammed, more so about the fact that I didn’t get a Campfire, which you don’t really see nowadays. It was in perfect condition, and was in a cool colorway. Sad I never got to see it in person.

Wow Big Cat, that’s pretty messed up. I wonder why the kid would even bother to go through with it, after you refused to send the money as a gift. At that point, he should have known you would just be refunded after any attempt to scam. I don’t even like people proposing that I send money as a gift. If it’s not a gift, I’m not sending money as a gift. I always retain my rights, and I’m glad you did in this case.

Did you give him a negative feedback yet?

This was a few years back… I think the guy got banned though, so it worked out for the community. Went by the name Arussel.

He obviously wasn’t the smartest kid though, going through with a scam, after I basically made sure that it was impossible.

I only send money as a gift to very trusted members with high feedback. I feel those guys deserve it. They’ve gotten their reputation up, so it’s the least I can do. I will only do that if they ask though, I’d out really propose it. I have a low trade count, but if you look at my feedback, all the people I trade with are very reputable traders (except Arussel, but he’s banned now).

I’ve never done it for anything yoyo related but have had to do it multiple times for multiple trading card game products since people think that just never sending is an ok thing to do apparently. I’ve always had cases resolved in my favor and I don’t believe it has ever taken longer than 72 hours to be issued a full refund (once had an eBay counterfeit card dispute take about ~2 weeks to resolve since there were multiple victims and I needed to prove I sent back my counterfeit item to the seller and that it arrived). I suspect the fact that I am well spoken and can clearly present my case relative to whatever the other person responds with (likely either nothing or gibberish) helps plus I have hundreds of successful PayPal transactions without a single bad word being said about me.

I’m told by others that PayPal is very prone to siding with the buyer on disputes, perhaps even too much so, but the only time I have heard of a buyer falsely going after the seller like a crazed lunatic was eventually ended in favor of the seller so my 1 semi-experience in that regard was resolved properly as well.

All in all my experience with PayPal and filing claims/disputes has always ended with the desired outcome which is the fair/just outcome and it has always been quite smooth. It’s really just a few button clicks and typing a quick paragraph explaining the situation. When you file the initial dispute it gives you the option to immediately escalate to a claim instead of waiting for the seller’s response which is what I have always done since it is clear the buyer has no intention of delivering my items. I believe the dispute/claim must be filed within 45 days of sending payment so it is not in the buyer’s best interest to be too trusting/optimistic and wait so long that their window to use PayPal’s great system to their advantage disappears.

Thanks for sharing your experience oops. I have to say that, of all the complaints I have heard about Ebay/Paypal, I don’t hear many complaints about their claims process. I have not ever reached the point of a Paypal decision on a dispute, but I have filed a few, with the seller eventually making things right prior to any Paypal decision. I have to give them some credit on their dispute process for that reason. It has always been beneficial. It seems Paypal has little competition, and that is one of the reasons why.