Shiny cascade finish?

First of all, i don’t know if this is in the right place, so feel free to move it. So recently I got a purple cascade In a trade to replace one I got rid of, and really like it. For some reason, the finish is really shiny, unlike all the other pyramatte one drops I’ve seen. I was wondering if anyone knows about these. It’s really pretty in the sun.

My friend has one in this exact same color of purple, however I don’t recall him saying how he got one that was polished.

But it was, however, SMOOOOOOOOTH (underline like, 100 times) and is probably the second smoothest yoyo i have ever tried (first was a never used Gen-Yo M10. Basically any General-Yo is extremely crazy good).

But idk how, maybe it was a test run? Looks beautiful regardless of anything! :slight_smile:

(major_seventh) #3

Hmmm curious it might be 7075? Idk…

It wears down after lots of use.
My blue one is starting to do that.
(And the one you traded me)

kinda looks like turning point levi 5

Hmmm, that’s interesting. Its not 7075, I weighed it and it weighs the same as yye says the normal one does. I can’t imagine it being thaaaat shiny from just use though

Not sure what’s up here but I do know that you can polish an anodized yoyo and get the very same look. Try Mothers:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jppSER5ZL.SY300.jpg
I’m sure there are many other polishes that would work equally well.

Does it have any engravings? Could it possibly be powder?

It has the usual mountain engravings. The cups still look normal though, so maybe someone did polish it with that type of stuff