Scooter's Mods

does anybody remember Vader anymore??

Luke Vader, He did some amazing mods, the bionic vader’d zero was amazing. His site is down and he hasn’t been active on flickr for 5 years. I’m not 100% sure but i think the he came up with the chunky monkey.

hug its been awhile since ive met anyone who knew who he was…

Luke (not his real name) did some great stuff… he kinda fell outta yoyos several years back.

I need to do some modding one of these days… I spend a lot of time making yoyos but very little modding them now.

Nice work

Kyle

1 Like

@scooter-mcgavin: Nice work.

You just haven’t been looking very hard. :wink:

gotta say, that does look a ton better

Team Losi A Line Cherry Bomb, highwalled, recessed small bearing Buzz On SPR and stole some brass weight rings from a Spintastics Eclipse that I have other plans for.

Cherry Bomb is still one of my all time favorite yoyos… I have a case of the original red ones that I’ve been slowing working my way through the last few years.

Kyle

1 Like

Not weird at all :smiley:

is it just me or does the YYF one look a lot more desirable now after you did this?

wow that looks awesome! cool stuff!

1 Like

amazing

1 Like

Thank you, it does look better, the next will be better yet

I only regret not leaving the outer rounded edge in tact and butting the ring up against it. Doing a merlin this week and going to do just that. Have to pick up another one to do, remember to increase the response groove first tjis time.

Holy crap man this is spectacular!

1 Like

Its not just you it looks pretty awesome.

Nice!

1 Like

I’ve got a couple in the package id love to get worked on. Awesome stuff.

Had an Idea for a mod and wanted opinions before I continue to make a batch, the YYF One that it’s sitting on Turned out to be a great smaller throw, M1 size but I wanted something a little bigger. I know the tolerances are not to par but it’s just a concept at this point. What are your color thoughts, rim design and weight? I have gold and blue rextreme rings to work with. Got her down to 69 grams and could possibly shed a few more, i’d like to shoot for 67 grams and still have a decent width. So give me your criticism as well as compliments if you wish.

3 Likes

I’m speechless.

1 Like

turn the rings the other way and put them on the rims… i wonder what thatll do.

1 Like