School Talent Show

Took me a while to upload this, but here it is me at the school talent show!

Any constructive criticism would be super helpful. ;D I love when people point out my flaws so I can become better.
1 Like

Good skills for someone who’s only been throwing a few months. As far as performances go, try to move around a bit and engage the audience a bit more and smile =) Also, might be a good idea to add snap starts or some other similar trick to your repertoire so you don’t get those awkward few seconds on stage where you’re winding up your yoyo.

All in all, good effort and very brave of you to get up and perform in front of a large crowd after only a few months of throwing.

Edit to add: I thought it was somewhere between average and awesome but voted awesome anyway because positivity is always better than negativity ^^

Yuki

1 Like

Well, for a guy with only a few month’s experience, you’re pretty good. Better than some of the newbies in my club, who have been at it for 6 months now… Even though you may not have the skills, move the yoyo around a little faster. Even if you mess up, most people who don’t throw can’t tell.

1 Like

Thanks for the input :slight_smile: I tried to do a palm start when it died but 8-9 days of practice on it didn’t get it perfected. o_O Will definitely practice more snap starts though!

Hey man, good job doing the talent show. It takes a lot of guts to get up there in front of a bunch of people like that, even if your a professional. Try and move around the stage more, try and get the crowd involved, and like yuki said, smile! Also, try and practice and set up a routine so everything will flow better together when you your up on stage.

But, like I said, great job for just throwing only a few months. Keep practicing and by the time the next talent show comes around, you’ll have no problem.

1 Like

Yea I had like two weeks to practice my routine since I was wishy-washy on participating and signed up last minute. Also I’m not going to be doing any more high school talent shows since I’m a senior… most likely will do the talent show in college though. ;D

Smile, have fun and show it. You did a fine job and it looked like the talent show went well. Congrates!

1 Like

Nice job on almost being done with high school. And you never know, you might just get really good with enough practice and do shows at local contests. Just always practice, practice, practice. It eventually pays off just like with anything else. :wink:

Definitely good for only a few months experience! I was quite happy to see that you used crocostrings too :).

1 Like

Its been around 3 years since I started (lots of on and off but still) and I don’t have the guts to do a talent show. You should do it every year so everyone can see you improve.

Edit: Google keyboard is annoying.

1 Like

Pretty good for that amount of time. I did my talent show yoyoing when I was a senior too ;D!. It does take a lot to go up there and show off your skills and do your best. I thought it was pretty good, the only part was the re-starting the yoyo, but I could tell the crowd liked the other tricks so good job man and props for doing it.

1 Like

Try to move around more and be happy! Also very good for only a few months into yo-yoing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know I’m a month late (zombie thread, anyone?), but LordCanti linked this in IRC so I thought I would pop in and say you did awesome! Takes serious guts to perform.

1 Like