SAD DAY FOR MY DV888 (only 3 weeks old) LOL

same thing happened to me with my dv888
except it was only one day old when I dinged it
so I bought a pre production sticker dv888 at redondo beach when the redondo beach yoyo contest was going on
I kept it mint for the whole day until I was about to leave I decided to yoyo sideways
my string ripped and drag against the floor with dings and scrapes on it
:stuck_out_tongue:
this happened in march 8th
wasn’t really sad about it though
dings are fun for some yoyos

I dinged my Dark Magic so much I don’t really care when it gets another ding. If you can’t find it, it doesn’t exist.

A lot of peole don’t throw as hard with fear of a string snapping, Or being hard and pulling their hands down and diniging it.

That is what I meant, And I als meant when you are playing over concrete.

Thanks mate. I love your posts very thought out. I really believe you, dinging your yoyo is just a learning lesson, but also doesn’t mean that you have to completely trash it. PRACTICE=PERMANENT=PERFECT

Sometimes I see pics of yoyos that look like theyv’e been beat with a claw hammer. Does that sort of damage happen in normal play or is it deliberate?

5a my friend. That’s a practice thing as well. Dropping your yoyo when doing 5a is a fail, you need to practice it all. But then 5a throwers usually don’t care about dings at all, which people shouldn’t do.

5A with a $120 metal yoyo seems like nonsense to me. That is , unless you’re very, very good. But, hey, it ain’t my money.

5a throwers want performance, not a yoyo they don’t play with due to a risk of dropping it.

heres my story i was teaching my cousin to yoyo (around the world) we tryed to syncronise it.

“ready, 1…2…3!!!” i said. every thing slowed when threw it. i suddenly felt nothing at the end of the string. my cousin yelled NAME. i saw my yoyo in the air sorring out in front of me it then hit me my yoyo had snapped off i made it half way untill i hered the horifing sound of my yoyo hit the rough concreet. but it didnt stop me from running it bounced and hit again i had finaly made it and stoped it from rolling away i picked it up and it had two big dings in it.
i later smothed them out with sandpaper but you can still see them to this day.

i dont write but tell me if you liked it.true story.

Same thing happern to my Dv888 now it has tiger stripes…