?'s About the X-ConVict

Well, I was hoping to get my first good yoyo (the X-ConVict) after Christmas and had some ?'s about it.

1. Is it worth it (or should I get the Dark Magic)?

2. Can it do all the tricks in the Learn section of Yoyoexpert?

3. How often do you need to change the yoyo response?

4. How long dose it spin?

5. This doesn’t hove to do with the yoyo but when I get string should I get slick 6 or Polyester?

Thanks! ;D
                                                   Manny_Bee

Oh, and dose it have vib.?

1. Yes.

2. Yes,

3. Never, unless you replace the o-rings with silicone. In that case you might have to replace it every year or two. With silicone it really depends on how well the silicone job is.

4. Plenty long.

5. It is purely preference.

Generally YoYoJam yo-yos may have some vibe; not much mind you, but some. They are plenty easy to tune though and once they are tuned properly they are very smooth.

its a great yoyo, i got one a while back. The only time i got a vibe was when i used the synergy caps, but other than that its a great yoyo.

Yes it is worth it

Yes it can do all the tricks

You shouldn’t have to change the response (unless it totally wears out)

It spins very long especcialy with shims

You should get polyester a lot worth it.

I reccomend it… I also reccomend silicone rings, and shims…

Thats an X-ConVict… It spins very long and thats a trick on par with Ladder Escape.

O-rings last FOR EVER… If they do tear or snap or break or wear out (Never heard of that ever happening) Im sure you can buy extras from a hard ware store…

Now you might wanna replace it with flush silicone after you get better along with the shims to add a bit of space to the gap and make it smoother and more unresponsive.

Silicone does wear out with use though… Depending on how hard and often you play it will last a few months to probably a year… It will last longer but play is not as good.

I reccomend buying one of each of the 5 packs and decide for your self which you like better… And also contact this guy: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=262

Thats Jeromy K, he makes Perfect Fit string… Its awesome… He also sells small tester packs for good prices…

Good luck!!

1 Like

Oh yea just a reminder a yo-yo does not make you better, so the spin time really depends on you.
And Yes X-con is a great yoyo, easy to snap start but it’s not really good for suicides.Plus this yoyo was almost made for regends (regeneration)so it might be cool to learn it with the x-con.

Thanks everyone, that helps a LOT. :smiley:

i have one in my pocket right now.

i love it!!

i took out the o rings and put in silicone. it works amazingly

binds well but is still responsive

its a great yo to learn tricks on due to the wide shape.

again i love it i’ve used my x-convict for a long time now and its still one of my favorites ;D