Running

The other problem is that I have a football lineman build (not just because im fat, lol), so im not really the running type. Even with my Kayano’s I start getting blisters around 5K, and overall I just dont enjoy running. Sprints can be exhilarating though.

Any tips to keep motivation to go to the gym? I went 3-6 times week for 6 months and loved it. I have slowly lost my motivation and may only go 1 or 2 times a week now.

Unfortunately no, I am relaying experiences of my own that are a few years old. Though some things that kept me going: wanting to get stronger/build more muscle, and to look the best I could for a girl I was interested in at the time. Going to the gym is easiest for me when I have a consistent work schedule and can just go on my way home, a dynamic in my life that I currently don’t have. Having the motivation to work out after doing physical labor all day is extremely hard, plus I come home (rural) after a full day at work and don’t feel like driving the 20 minutes to the gym afterwards. I really want to get back into it, but I need to get a new job to schedule my workouts conveniently. I was really active at the gym for about 2 years, and I was almost always motivated to go. Weightlifting is such a good stress reliever. I used it to get my anger out after a bad day.

Gotcha!

Done the ‘Workout from Hell’ before? Climbers and boaters liked it but somewhat since John Long was pushing it decades ago. A tuff but fun workout. Great for lean strength\strength to mass ratio.