RSO and Tom Kuhn collaboration?

How are you finding it?

1 Like

It’s already lasting longer than Turbo Disk and It will probably last the rest of my life with the yoyo. I’m also using white Slick-6 for string. It plays nice and consistent, the Tom Cats are great players.

2 Likes

I hope @lytelvin doesn’t use C sized bearings, that would totally loose all of the feel that TKs have. I hope he uses the smallest bearing he can fit in there like the original.

4 Likes

The idea he had was to create something more modern and functional. So whatever he did im sure itll have some TK vibes but have the expected RSO functionality and prestine feel. I 100% trust Elvin’s designs

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread guys! Most of what you guys hope a Ti SB would be, is going to come true.

• Wide pads (CLYW sized Slim Landing Pads, but you can put regular CLYW pads in there so they jut out to make the yo-yo more responsive)
  • Fits a few bearings / bearing blanks, plays unresponsive-semireponsive-responsive.
  • Had to go with a C bearing to make all this happen. I contemplated putting a D bearing in there so I could use the D bearing Landing Pads, but having a D bearing doesn’t allow for enough customisation. Will make a D bearing yo-yo another day.
  • Fits weight rings.
  • Very clean engravings like all Tom Kuhn yo-yos. Wider and heavier than the original SB2.
6 Likes

Thats why im a fan. Well thought out stuff right there. Thanks Elvin!

1 Like

For me I hope it comes responsive. Feel a Tom Kuhn needs to be responsive first and then can tweak from there.

2 Likes

Damn I thought I was maybe going to be passing on this one as I don’t have much passion for responsive but it’s looking unlikely now. Seems RSO is just determined to continue to take my money

I’m not sure what this means. It fits a few C sized bearings? Maybe I’m misunderstanding something lol.

1 Like

Im guessing he means we can put a blank, half spec or full spec in it as long as its C size. Thats just what i figured when I read it.

You know that would be amazing if it came with all the possible modifications like that and its own set of weight rings. This yoyo looks like its gonna be a real treat

1 Like

I think Elvin means that if you are good with tools and you have a drill, a hacksaw, a circular saw and a measuring tape. And you don’t really mind a little vibe. That you can fit a few different kinda bearings in there. That’s all.

But honestly, I know Elvin. He doesn’t design anything if it’s not a good concept to begin with. He can either start with ‘nothing’ or start with ‘something’. And end up with an end product that plays amazingly well.

I have a Proto of a yo-yo Elvin will release in the future. You guys most likely have never seen it or never even heard of it.
It is the absolute Best playing yo-yo I have or have ever had. But it is not quite ‘perfect’ in his mind. It is just missing an little something’.
So, he won’t release it yet.

When he does; you guys are gonna Flatline… lol.

I told you that to support this—-> Elvin will not release a yo-yo that is a little ‘funny’.

So when he does release a new yo-yo. That means it’s done and ready to rock.

Wish I could tell you more but I cant.

5 Likes

I’m hoping it means he’s got some trick up his sleeve, otherwise it’s an odd roundabout way to say that it’s got a standard C size bearing seat. Plus I desperately want to believe it can take a small bearing. I just can’t imagine it feeling like a Tom Kuhn with a size C.

3 Likes

This now makes me think maybe it does take a couple different size bearings.

1 Like

I think he means all the C bearing family from Flats to Center Tracks and 1/2 specs.

2 Likes

Thats what I thought too. We can read between the lines all day long. But stay tuned to find out more! Lol. Like @yoyodoc said… i agree with him and I just trust Elvin. Call me a fanboy i guess. But He has a standard he holds himself too. And it is a very high standard

2 Likes

Another look from the TK account

6 Likes

I bet it’s $350-$450 plus shipping. Wonder how limited.

4 Likes

I hope not. But I also wouldn’t be surprised given the nature of the project.

3 Likes

E1NSTiEN was $300 so maybe we’ll be fortunate to see that price point? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I can’t remember if it’s been stated before, but does anyone know what size bearing it will be? I’m guessing he’ll be using Landing pads as the response.