RSO and Tom Kuhn collaboration?

I believe I read it’ll come with size c with the option of a half spec

2 Likes

The 30th anniversary of the release of the Turbo Yo in September, 1990 and the SB2 in November, 1990 is just around the corner. Maybe we’ll see RSO’s SB release around that time.

3 Likes

That’d be fun throwback timing.

1 Like

Another sneak peak

4 Likes

Looks like the official drop will be next week

1 Like

Gap sized spacers look interesting

6 Likes

There’s a lot of options for the gap sizes, shame they couldn’t implement the adjustment screw. I guess just try not to switch it around too much to avoid any wear.

2 Likes

It is titanium, so it shouldn’t wear out. It would be nice if it came with maple blanks to stay true to the original SB1 with maple axles. In the old TK literature it mentions how Tom tested a lot of different materials for axles and maple came out on top.

4 Likes

Cool write up on the whole project and Tom Kuhn history up on SILVER BULLET — ROUND SPINNING OBJECTS (RSO)

I guess this is a concern quoting the write up on RSO;

“Using a correct bearing / axle combination is crucial. A wrong combination will damage your SB-Ti. Check the axle length carefully prior to installation. We do not recommend changing the bearing / axle combination too frequently as this may result in extra wear of the axle threads and bearing seat.”

3 Likes

This is concerning (slightly, I’ll actually just shelve this piece) is this normal for titanium? Maybe the axle is aluminum.

1 Like

You need some turbo discs.

1 Like

I think it has to do more with weight savings and it may be a thin area. Another quote from RSO

"Due to the higher density of titanium compared to aluminum, it was not possible to recreate the same tall nipple as the SB-2 as it would result in too massive center weight. "

1 Like