RSO and Tom Kuhn collaboration?

Check out RSO’s instagram. They posted a picture of what looks sorta like the hub of the TK Silver Bullet and asked people to guess who they’re collaborating with. Any insiders got the scoop?

6 Likes

It really looks like a Silver Bullet from the picture and the clues he’s given. It’s an exciting project but to me it just feels like a funny colab.

I’ve been throwing my SB2 over the last few days and I find it hard to imagine a titanium version. I wonder how he will handle the response system and determine the gap size? Going to be interesting to see how it’s developed.

5 Likes

It is April 1st…

4 Likes

Elvin didnt share the news today though. There is a proto giveaway that pertains to it as well

2 Likes

it was up yesterday though :thinking:

it looked like it had optional rubber weight rings in the render too, lol

2 Likes

True true. Just saying I’ve seen April Fool’s jokes set up a few days in advance. I would love an RSO bullet.

4 Likes

Im curious if it really IS a TK collab. I dont even own a Tom Kuhn yoyo… so I feel stupid being excited about it but I just trust RSO quality. I think whatever it is itll be great. But maybe thats just the hype I manifested withen myself lol.

3 Likes

He was posting comments on the TK FB page months ago trying to get in contact with them. I think more than likely this is a legit collaboration.

I wish he would do more with aluminum. Titanium just doesn’t do it for me. The cost to feel/performance just doesn’t seem worth it.

4 Likes

Don’t know if this is an inside scoop on this particular project, but I was able to have a phone call with Brad earlier this year in late January. He told me he couldn’t give me all the details but that Tom Kuhn was going to have a big year.

4 Likes

maybe this is (FINALLY) why there has been activity on their website lately… i’ve been getting coupon codes in my email, and they have new pieces on the site here and there. though @Sinister_Yoyos will be provide more personal insight on logistics

3 Likes

Deffinitely not an April fools joke.

7 Likes

oh snack!!! :popcorn:

3 Likes

Still at the prototype stage - an updated titanium version of the Silver Bullet, a collaboration with the great folks at Tom Kuhn. Stay tuned!

16 Likes

Thanks for confirming.

Planning on a slimline or a more string trick friendly design?

4 Likes
9 Likes

Where will this yoyo be manufactured?

1 Like

First Look

6 Likes

Looks promising! I’m excited to see the engraving and the response system.

I reckon they’ll have some wide pads like the 650b.

4 Likes

For some reason, i hope its still just RSO landing pads. Which are regular size pads lol. It would be dope if we could go back and forth from a half to full spec bearing too. Its almost as if Elvin purposely didnt show the profile to keep us wondering. Its working too. Im very interested

2 Likes

I already currently have my Tom Cat set up with one Core Co pad.

6 Likes