Road Runner

Have a Duncan Roadrunner, but the response pads are too snappy, and I can’t figure out which ones to buy, of even if duncan makes a less responsive version.

1 Like

I have a Roadrunner and have not had that problem. Based on some reviews from several years ago I am led to believe the gap width was increased in maybe a second run? I purchased one and THEN watched reviews and some reviewers said the pad grooves were too shallow causing pads to stick out and also that the gap was too narrow. I got scared I’d hate it and was surprised that my pads did not stick out and the gap seemed fine with Kitty regs. I know this does not really help you. Maybe you can switch pads or flow your own. The gap is on the tighter side but I find it makes me try to throw straighter. When a broken in string is used some of that snagging may go away.

1 Like

Change to a thinner string

3 Likes

using kitty fat string… Really looking for more shallow pads, I bought it this year so it’s probably the wider version. Duncan seems only to carry one type of response pads. My first guess is to throw some yyf 19mm blue pads in there but the difference in company makes me think that this is a bad idea…

Can you or someone link me to thinner pads? I want less response and a thicker string in there…

1 Like

I think a regular thickness string will serve you much better. YYF pads should work fine! I have used them in non-YFF yoyos.

1 Like

must be 19mm…
I’ve got addicted to plutonium recently and zipline here and there but ziplines too thin. Previous kitty fat user tho

Ever used Eagle strings?

One Drop slim pads and thick string might pair well.

1 Like

As long as the pads are all 19mm, brand shouldn’t matter. The 19mm size seems pretty standard except for a few brands such as CLYW.

Ivan

1 Like