Fat Response Pads for Responsive Yo-yo (Arrow Elite)

Hi All,

I’m beginner in the yo-yo , playing mostly super responsive (tug return) with my 3 “perfect for me” Arrow Elite.

When in need to replace its response pads, the world is full of 19mm slim (1mm thickness) pads.

But when you want the fat ones that protrude just a little , these ones become rare & expensive.(like for most consumables)

I was just wondering if someone found another way to replace these Fat Pads ?

Do Silicone Toric Joints like 19mm outer diameter by 2mm thickness could work ?
(Knowing the price is around 50cents for 10 joints) 10 cents a pair …?
I assume when gluing them with some silicone flowable glue on an Arrow Yo-yo would make them protrude by 1mm.??

Thanks

Regards
Lee

You could just use flowable silicone to get a snappy response. Usually it’s annoying when they aren’t flush like too snaggy.

3 Likes

When it’s time just flow silicone and don’t smooth it out. You’ll get a protruding response. Also flowable is often more grabby than standard response pads so it’ll work just fine. There’s a whole thread where folks have gone with permatex ultra grey and recessed response for less grabby unresponsives.

1 Like

Yoyofactory’s Green response pad is thicker for responsive play. They are out of stock most places, but available at a different yoyo retailer

3 Likes

just found out that Yoyofactory’s green responsive response pads are in stock at YYF Europe.

2 Likes

I would use flush pads not the thick ones and just put some thick lube or petroleum jelly in the bearing. This will play MUCH better than those terrible pads that stick way out into the gap.

3 Likes

Yes so right about thick lube.
I ordered one, and recently after many forum replies arguing for the lube , I figured out it’s the best thing.
My Arrow Elite responds with very little tug , a real pleasure, so smooth!

I also get decent spinning time by working on my throws like suggested Mr Punisher.
Love walking the dog longer and longer , or just balancing the spinning yo-yo for some time and returning it with precision .

3 Likes