Hitman response alternative

I like my Hitman, but I’d like to have a flush response system, as some of my tricks don’t work with the O-rings. I browsed old forum posts but couldn’t find anything conclusive. Obviously standard 19 mm yoyofactory slim pads are too slim right? I found one guy who said the thick pads work, but nobody seemed to back him up. I’d prefer not to mess with flowable silicone, as I’ve not had great results with it in the past, but of course, it would work if no other alternatives exist. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with pads that fit but you could always shave down your oring.

I just put silicone in my yoyojams. Also I would recommend yyj shims for older throws.

3 Likes

deleted due to redundancy.

kgb

I have an xConvict that used the same o-ring response. I removed the o-rings and used flowable silicone in it’s place. a huge improvement IMO. a tube of the flowable silicone or RTV/gasket maker is just a few dollars at a local hardware store and you can do many, many throws with it.

there are videos on the YouTubes regarding the best methods to do this, or you can just go the “trial and error” route like i did…lol

kgb

4 Likes

I ordered a set of thick yyf pads and a tube of monkeyfinger silicone, I’m gonna try the pads first and then move to the silicone.

2 Likes