Ridiculously HOT Hot Sauce + Yo-Yo Contest = ???????

Alright. So I know I’ve mentioned elsewhere about throwing a 21+ contest where all competitors would be required to blow a .08 in a breathalyzer before they freestyle. And I still hope that I can pull it off at some point in the future. But I think that I just came up with another contest idea that would be so much easier to pull off. Only with this one, instead of requiring competitors to be legally drunk before they freestyle, I would require them to consume a small amount (1 tsp - 1/2 tbsp) of some ridiculously hot pepper extract right before they perform their routine.

The competitors would still be judged just like they would be at a regular contest. The only major difference is that they would receive a large amount of deducts (10-20) if they eat/drink anything before their freestyle is over. So in other words, if they can’t take the heat, then chances are that they won’t be the winner when it’s over.

Now of course, for liability reasons, it is very likely that this contest will be for players 18 and over. All ages should be able to attend though. Minors just won’t be able to compete. All contestants will also be required to sign waivers before competing. The hot sauce involved is gonna be some pretty heavy duty stuff, so I won’t be responsible for what happens to anyone who accepts the challenge.

Oh, and to help even up the playing field, I’m thinking that all freestyle music should be the same general BPM, and that all competitors will have to use the same model of yo-yo. The winner will be the player with more accuracy/flow, along with the highest tolerance to heat.

What about you? Is this a contest you would like to see happen? Do you think you’d be willing to enter a competition like this? If not, what would it take to motivate you? Feel free to post any of your ideas/suggestions below. 8)

P.S. - This is the type of sauce I’m wanting to use.

http://www.hotsauce.com/v/vspfiles/photos/1412-2T.jpg
http://www.hotsauce.com/Scoville-Food-Institute-OTC-Pepper-Extract-p/1412.htm

I tried some a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty burly.  Just a few tiny drops on a tamale was all it took to make my eyes water uncontrollably.  The burn lasted a solid 20 minutes too.  And if that isn’t strong enough, there is an OTCsquared that is 3x stronger. :stuck_out_tongue:

Once I tried a ghost pepper (hottest pepper in the world) extract sauce, and it was one of the most unpleasant things I’ve ever done. But it was also really fun. I really love spicy things.

I have never tried an actual ghost pepper, but I have tried some deadly hot sauces.  After I polish off this bottle of OTC I just ordered, I plan on getting the Bhut Jolokia sauce the company makes.

http://www.hotsauce.com/Scoville-Food-Institute-Bhut-Jolokia-Hot-Sauce-p/1596.htm

I didn’t say I tried an actual ghost pepper, I said I tried a ghost pepper extract sauce.

I saw that. What I meant to say was that I have never tried a ghost pepper OR any ghost pepper extracts. But I have tried some deadly sauces.

That Bhut Jolokia sauce is next on my list though. So I’ll be finding out just how unpleasant it actually is before long. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quality idea…

Love me some Encona Hot Sauce :wink:

if theirs Prizes hell yes!

The Ghost Pepper has been dethroned as the hottest peper long ago.

Those three are now three of the hottest peppers.

Combine those and whoaaa!

The ghost pepper can actually burn your throat, I wonder what those can do…  I can actually handle hot sauce without tearing or grabbing a drink.

I drink hot sauce like its water

Ok, I don’t think I can do that.

What about a “freestyle after being hit right in the gosh-darn teeth with a tree branch” contest? Ohoh, or the “I just ate so much Skittles and Mountain Dew my teeth and spit hurts freestyle”?

I’m totally down for off the wall hooliganry. If this happened I’d totally participate.

Can’t legally participate in the drunk freestyle and can’t take the hot sauce(heartburn at 16. I’m already screwed) but I’d go into any other

Meh, this isn’t as fair to some people, as others have a much higher tolerance to hot sauce than others do. Also, depending on how much they had to consume could end up being bad for certain peoples health. At least with the drinking, people will be equally leveled, and won’t cause major health issues.

YEa take one away from yes and add it to No this is what i meant.

I say, someone does a chained to a chair, blindfolded, mouth gagged and high powered wind generators being blasted toward you with a spray of water 5A yoyo contest.
Can you take that foals?

J

1 Like

I’m a total lightweight. I don’t do well with spicy. My wife love the heat though. A few dishes she makes, well it need some heat. Good flavor, but just a bit too much for my preferences.

I don’t think I’d survive such a contest and I don’t even want to try!

No. It has to be 4A.

Then it sounds like the both of you would be up for the challenge. ;D

Or better yet, the Diet Coke & Mentos Yo-Yo Challenge. Imagine the possibilities. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some people have a higher tolerance for alcohol than others. By your logic, throwing a drunken yo-yo contest wouldn’t be fair either.

And it isn’t like competitors would be trying this hot sauce for the first time at the contest. They would know well in advance what type of sauce they would be consuming, so they would definitely have time to prepare for the competition.

The problem with this idea is is that you would be directly interfering with the actual yo-yoing. With what I’m talking about, I would only be interfering with the players themselves.