Review: YoYoFactory Bimetal Shutter, So Much Good, and A Big Disappointment

We all have to remember that different people have different tolerances. I have played with musicians who cannot tolerate a piano keyboard outside of their usual spec. If the keys are 1/32" narrower it throws them to the point that they don’t play as well. My sister is sensative to loud sounds to the point that it can really irratate me. I am extremely sensative to bitter. Coffee, grapefruit, blackberries, all taste like vomit to me. I’ve tried to work through it, but cannot. It is not something that I can learn to like or even tollerate. Bitter is bad.

It seems natural that some people who yo-yo would have a low tolerance for vibe, string length variance, weight. It is not something that can change just by saying “don’t worry about it.” I have a coffee pot, mostly for guests. I’ve tried to drink over 100 cups. It is still awful. Everyone else in my family loves it. Vibe does not bother me unless it is extreme. I’m more sensative to dark color on a yo-yo. For me they are harder to see.

So when you encounter someone who is sensative to vibe, don’t count on changing their mind. Luckily, it is very easy to find good yo-yos that are totally smooth. Help them find one.

4 Likes

tru i can tell the difference of 1mm of a string length off (mind you i am shorter than most people (string length is 33 in) but still it bugs me cuz i feel like im gonna hit the floor

1 Like