Responsiveness issue YoYoFactory Velocity

I just bought the YoYoFactory Velocity, and I’m having a small issue with it. I can’t seem to make it fully unresponsive. Any tricks to prevent the string from catching? I used thin lube already, but only on one half of the bearing (because the bearing removal tool hasn’t come yet). Thanks!

Unfortunately, even at its widest width, the gap and response pads really don’t allow for it to be fully unresponsive. It should be unresponsive when just hanging down. But even in a trapeze there is usually too much string for it to remain unresponsive. You can try getting really thin string as the cheapest solution. I’d say if you’re done with responsive yo-yo’s and just want an unresponsive experience. Upgrade to a Replay Pro, or any of the other wonderful entry level unresponsive throws. For the same price as your velocity, you won’t encounter any of the same issues. Also, on something like the velocity, a pair of pliers can usually do the trick for bearing removal. Standard yoyo factory tool won’t do the trick on that size bearing. Best of luck!

Clean the bearing with acetone don’t lube it and find thinner string worked for mine and a friends

1 Like

Well, I have a Horizon Yoyo, but I was looking for a good plastic YoYo that is semi-responsive so I can do string tricks and responsive tricks.

In that case, thin string and possibly upgrade the bearing/ fool around with response pads.

Ummm, if you put lube in one side, it effectively lubes the whole bearing. There is nothing separating one side from the other.

p.s. Lube does not make a yoyo spin longer, just the opposite is true.