Responsive non-responsive yoyos!?

My yoyojam DM is coming back up to my hand when I flick it like gravity pull.

I have made no adjustments to this yoyo e.g bearing or response.

The only thing different than from the packet is I have some new coloured cotton strings.

Please help / Is this meant to happen?

Thanks,

,/ (-_-) ,/

can you describe it a little bit better?you dont or do want it too come back up? just keep spinning ;D

Cotton string does tend to be more responsive, I’d recommend polyester. Also, try loosening the gap a little bit.

Well you shold leave bearing into some paint thinner for at least one minute and affter dry off real good but its kind of a risk if you do not dry of bearing good and quick it could get rusty noisy and responsive

I call this Yoyo bearing Flu 3.0

Maybe you might have double looped it? and check if your bearing is bad as Abe said.

Break it in. All DMs are responsive at first.

Thin Lube!!! :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley:

I would also recommend cleaning the bearing with paint thinner then drying it with some compressed air. If you don’t lube it the bearing might rust but I take that chance because it spins a LOT longer without lube, lube just slows it down. Or you just might need to break it in.

if it is a stock bearing there is no reason to clean it,when it become noisy its broken in,also,dont worry if it gets brown,that means its broken in too. :slight_smile:

That was really pointless…

Anyway, try to change the strings, and loosen the gap. If it doesn’t work, chances are the bearing is the problem

On the contrary, lube makes a yoyo more responsive, he wants less.

Thin lube works well at breaking down the thicker factory lube in most bearings.

Thanks,

,,/ (-_-) ,,/

I dont want it to come back up sorry

Thanks,

,,/ (-_-) ,,/

Use the strings a lot to thin them out.