Help YoYo Gone Responsive!

Hi I just got a Project 2 in the mail and it came a little responsive, so I put thin lube on the bearing. After doing so the yoyo seemed more responsive. Please Help.

Thank You.

Every type of lube makes a yoyo responsive.

If you used thin lube, how much did you use? It might just need to break in.
If you used a lot, I would advise cleaning the bearing. Which can be found here: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,871.0.html.
Just use a tiny bit of lube, dip a needle into the lube or drop some lube on a needle… Touch two or three of the balls…

Let me know if I helped!

There is a lot more to know about this. <br /><br /><br />Unresponsive bearings need constant care. And will become responsive over periods of play. Be sure to de-shield your bearing. First if it becomes responsive, Start easy check the bearing seat for debris or small “defects.” Then flick your bearing on a pen, or pencil, Doesbit spin easy, rough, or not at all? If it is either of those it will either need a Pinhead of lube or cleaning. To clean your bearings. Get some 100% Pure Mineral Spirits(What I use) pour some into a small Glass cup bowl ect. just enough to cover the bearing fully. then put your bearing in. Swish it move it around with a toothpick. After about 30-45 mins (time will vary depending on how dirty your bearing is) take it out and put in on a pen, pencil then Spin it dry. After that wipe it off and dry it completely with a paper towel. Then place it in the yoyo and using a PIN dip it in the lube (MAKE SURE IT IS THIN LUBE) and touch a few bearing balls. Then spin and touch spin and touch until it feels smooth again. <br /><br /><br />After the lubing process the yoyo will be responsive for a little while. Just break it in with play. <br /><br /><br />You might need to do this once every few months or when it gets responsive again. Responsiveness can also come from the following: Double Rapped string. Fresh pads or silicone. <br /><br /><br />Hope I helped!! :slight_smile: ignore the ><br :).

If it’s from YYE they will replace the whole entire Yoyo for free.

That’s simply not true. If the bearing was a bit responsive to begin with, that’s normal. Then adding lube will make it MORE responsive! That’s not a problem YYE needs to solve. Just needs to break it in or clean it out.

I’ve found that when I over-lube a bearing, blasting it out with some compressed air (aim at something you don’t mind getting oil on. :wink: ) usually brings it to a manageable enough level to break it in within 15 minutes of gyro flops.

1 Like