responsive protostar

my protostar is responsive >:(. the bearing is just fine, but the pads are just above the seats. i dont know how to fix this. please tell me what you think i should do.

1 Like

Play with it, if the bearing isnā€™t gunked up or catching, then all you need to do is play with it. Since you made the point that the bearing is fineā€¦

1 Like

i changed pads with some other throws but they are not nearly as responsive ??? ill try playing with it 4 a while

Use your finger and make sure the pads are all the way in.

i tried. should i put the pads on paper and rub on sandpapre to make them thinner ???

I would advise against that.

ok. ill just try to break it inā€¦a lotā€¦

Just throw some 5a, but use it as the responsive yoyo rather then to bind. Or, use the responsiveness and get smoother at 1a

1 Like

I have one, but it has a vibe. I took out the pads andreplaced with liquid silicon, works better than stock pads. The center trac bearing should really make it unresponsive.

I find it hard to imagine that a stock Protostar is more than slightly responsive. The response pads in my Protostar are seated slightly below the level of the side-walls. They fit entirely into the groove with no part of the response pad projecting above the rim of the response groove.

If your pads are projecting above the response groove - then I wonder if you have the wrong-size pads.

its not stock, and the pads are right size

But are they the right thickness?

Maybe someone mentioned it , but the center trac should really spin. It may be touching dirt or housing , or slowing down for a reason. It should spin forever. There should be absolutely no response.
Two areas you should check. 1- Silicon it making sure you use a business card to scrape off excess. 2- try other bearings from one of your other yo yos.
Then hope you donā€™t have a vibe like mineā€¦

In what way is it not stock? How did it work before it was ā€œnot stockā€? If you recently changed the pads, could there be adhesive or something under the pads that is making them stand out?

Have Fun,
Java

check the bearing set, make sure there is no dirt or other stuff in it besides the bearing

ya, the bearing is fine

If you can sand the pads down - then they are too thick.

None of this thread makes any sense. You mention the Protostar is ā€œnot stock, and the pads are right sizeā€. That makes no sense. In what way is the Protostar ā€œnot stockā€? Unless that is cleared up, this thread is pointless.

Please explain the ā€œnot stockā€ part so informative opinions can be made. Otherwise, we are just wasting our time.

I have had it for a while and I made sure to get the right size. They are just too above the seat.

You did take out the old pads before you put in new ones right?