Responsive mini

I know it’s going to be more of a novelty
But is there any out there?

1 Like

I made a 2017 popstar into a responsive. I still prefer the deep state though.

Pocket Rocket, but I never liked it much.

The Ace and Ace II are both great, if you can find them.

2 Likes

May I suggest perhaps the XP47?

It’s pretty nice.

1 Like

Lmao I’d have to win the lottery I’d love one

2 Likes

You know, I read the “you can make any yo-yo responsive”.

What about a @DocPop “Executive”?

I’m curious how it would play?

2 Likes

Can I recommend checking out the “Fixie Mod” by Soulfull Skill Toys? I ordered one for my Bol2 and another for my Weekender and I love them!

2 Likes

I’ve set mine up responsive, and it’s great. It’s like a mini Walter :grinning:

1 Like

I heard @DocPop was inspired by the Ace for the Executive…

1 Like

110%. I loved the feel of the Ace, but wanted something with more modern guts.

1 Like

For fun, here’s a trick using my Ace:

It’s the only trick I’ve ever posted…

4 Likes

Looks like the only things he has left are the Gold and the Saturday Market. Both are out of my price range for now.

It’s tricky because quite a few yo-yos come with a center axle hub that sticks out enough that you physically cannot use a slim C bearing because the two halves push together and won’t close up the gap on the slim bearing.

For example on the 2017 Popstar I had to dremel down the axle hub a fair bit to get it to fit a slim C bearing. It is not complicated work but it’s annoying.

I vaguely recall it being this way on The Executive as well, but for yo-yos that ship unresponsive it is quite common for the axle hub to stick out far enough that the two halves are physically prevented from screwing together far enough to close around a slim C bearing … so you can’t “make anything responsive” without a dremel, at least :frowning:

1 Like

Ahh yeah good point

Who made the ace?

ProYo

I can’t find any up for sale, so maybe I’ve led you down a rabbit hole!

You just don’t like the term “Bearing Post”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah all got thrown away lol, or collected

i put a Luftverk Bearing Blank in my Bolt2 and it plays so well, i dont even have to double wrap it!

previously my Bolt2 was setup with your responsive kit with the half bearing, which I’ve swapped out

2 Likes