Responsive Kanto

Last night just for the hell of it I put a half spec bearing into my Kanto. I was pleasantly surprised on how well it worked. I had to change the axle to one size smaller and ran the bearing dry.

Anyone else try this in other unresponsive throw and what were the results?

3 Likes

Yes sir……. I’ve played my first base/Recess….with the spec bearing and it rocks!! Yeah!

Yes this is doable with the Kanto, I just don’t advertise it as it’s meant to be a slim unresponsive, but can be plenty fun responsive with the slimmer bearing/shorter axle

For most throws it depends if their bearing seat is designed to accommodate those things.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I did this to a Duncan Freehand One AL based on what was in thier description. I started wondering what others it would work in. Thinking this would be like a wider Bumblebee bimetal I gave it a try. I knew I would need a shorter axle and it looked like the axle post weren’t too long. Pleased with the results and makes it more versatil.

2 Likes

Whether a yoyo can fit a half-spec bearing is dependent upon the bearing posts, and to a lesser extent the axle. The vast majority of C-Bearing yoyos have bearing posts that are too tall. Obviously the axle needs to be shorter by about 2mm to allow for the slim bearing, but that is easy to change where the bearing posts are not easy and not advisable to change lol