Responsive 1a with Low Maintenance?

So far, I’ve been using the Sage (OneStar) for my string tricks and like it. However, the response pads are starting to wear out and I was wondering if I could get something that just required string and oil changes. Don’t like the idea of changing response pads all the time.

My price range is below $30.

I’m looking only for responsive 1a yoyos - I won’t be attempting stuff that is exclusively unresponsive…

So which response system for 1a play requires the least maintenance? Thanks for help in advance!

Check out the YoYoJam Classic.  It comes stock with a rubber o-ring response system that lasts much longer than silicone pads.  It’s easy to upgrade to unresponsive with the upgrade kit as well.

upgrade kit:

Hmm…I actually already have the unresponsive version of YYJ Classic. You’re suggesting I just get the responsive version?

Not that I mind the Classic, but I think maybe …maybe…it’s a little too large. Not a big deal, so if you say YYJ Classic for responsive as well, then that’s something I’ll seriously think about. Any other suggestions?

the something premier comes with a flat bearing for unresponsive play

I recommended the Classic because of how low maintenance it is, you will probably never have to replace those response o-rings which is what it sounded like you were looking for.  You can just get o-rings and install them into any responsive yo-yo though.  They sell the black o-rings at most hardware stores, just bring your yo-yo in to find the right size.

[s]Or check out the Crucial clear silicone o-rings:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/385/Crucial-Response[/s]
EDITED: Wrong size - My bad!

O-rings will be a little thicker which shouldn’t be a problem if you want a responsive yo-yo and you will have to replace them much less frequently.

Just bought the Classic responsive!