Replay pro stats

The replay pro stats at another store say it’s 68 grams. The yoyoexpert replay under stats says it 69.2 grams… What gives?

yoyoexpert:
yoyoexpert replay pro

Mod edit: Link to competing online store removed.
Please review our guidelines:
https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/guidelines

Mr. andre boulay… what is going on here?

1 Like

This issue of different weights and dimensions has been brought up before. YoYoExpert does their own measurements which may or may not align with other sites or even what the manufacturer lists.

But for what little it’s worth, I don’t think there is a person alive that can consistently notice a 2g difference by feel and I’ll put money on that.

1 Like

I can notice the difference between two grams.

I can do maximum overdrive on a wedge and make it fly, but not on a replay pro the yoyo is too heavy and doesn’t come swingwing around the top on the first element.

Pulling the yoyo’s in different directions in freestyles also outlines noticable differences, the only reason I don’t use a wedge is because it vibes and the bearing seat ruins too fast.

So yes I am really curious about if there are two types of replays out there.

Not wanting to sound harsh though… :unamused:

thanks for the tip about yoyoexpert via manufacturer, I"ll keep that in mind when looking for yoyo stats in the future!

ask around I bet there are alot players out there that can tell the difference between 65.x and 68.

best wishes,
anonymous

Weights always vary slightly, especially between different runs. Just weighed 4 and they ranged from 68.3 to 69.0, but average would be about 68.5. first run (when we initially weighed them) could have been slightly heavier, I’ll update the page.

3 Likes

Could varience between weights from two different sources also be caused by one weighing with string and one without?

you and yotricks differ on the weigh of the shutter too by about 2 grams (regular not wide angle) it seem like you are heavy on both measurements (or they are light)

yoyo factory weighs the shutter about 65.5 you guys have it up to about 68 yotricks has it at almost 66. Seriously though I would hope the shutter would be lighter than the replay…

Probably because how many different versions of the shutter are there now? All with different weights.

Also how do you run through the bearing seat on an aluminum inserts for the wedge? That should be as durable as a metal yoyo.

1 Like

As far as my eye can tell the wedge is all plastic… It just dies, no more spinning bearing. (concrete ding…but I wouldn’t expect this from a plastic yoyo. the replay it’s cement just fine)

That’s crazy… I’d like to think I can get an accurate specs picture before I buy… Oh well
:unamused:

codenamesrcl

still wonders why people ask after they buy

2 points · 7 days ago · edited 7 days ago

so there have been a couple of design updates to the shutter over the years that i know about at least. 1.1 was a major weight reduction and probably a distro change but the weight reduction is probably the most noticable thing. OG was somewhere around 67 grams, 1.1 is around 64.5-ish and that happened I want to say 3-4 years ago. stayed like that for a good while and somewhere a couple years ago the wide angle gets released to introduce the wide concept into the series. shutter 1.1 remains the old reliable.

Then worlds 2019 you get the champ spec wide angle going on-stage, gentry doing his thing, and at the same time during/after worlds 2019 1.2 premieres. total weight is kept the same iirc but more weight is allocated towards the rim to add a bit of power and stability, much like what the champ spec accomplished though the champ spec added an additional 1.5 grams or so to the body to really dial things in.

as for the naming, that’s the version format that i use, i don’t know if yyf have any set name format internally for that kind of stuff like the Edge 1.5 update they did a while back

Well, you know, blame yoyofactory.

where can I find a 1.2? if I read you clearly you’re saying this is 64.5 g with more of the weight allocated to the rim. How can i tell if a replay is 1.2, 1.1, or OG?

I didn’t write the post. I just quoted it.

The brand new shutters should be the version 1.2. So look for brand new splashes and that should be it.

this is so confusing… wanting a lightweight yoyo similar to replay… my replay is too slow to have fun, but it’s perfect for learning tricks.

1 Like

Get a dove, it’s lightweight and fun!

It looks wide. How does it take concrete? How long have you had it?, and how much do you play with it? Does it stay spinning long without herculean throws?

1 Like

It is wider than the replay, but wider makes it easier to hit tricks! I don’t think I’ve ever hit it on concrete but it’s made of delrin so it should be pretty tough. I’ve had it since November. I don’t use it as much right now but it’s definitely my best unresponsive plasic. I don’t have it with me at the moment to see, but as any plastic it with slow down if you push it to hard. @Mazdarx7FD should have more details.

1 Like

The Wedge has an aluminum bearing seat

Wedge

1 Like

So does the dove.

1 Like